It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
(female)

jaybee465 HB User
Unhappy Bubbling gas under ribs, causing heart palpitations!!

Hi there,

I'm a 25 year old female and I've been dealing with what I'm about to describe for about 6-7 months now.

One night while sitting down eating dinner I had a large THUMP in my chest, it scared the daylights out of me and my heart raced for about an hour because I was so scared. Since then I notice about 3-6 times a week I'll have a palpitation or flutter feeling in my chest. It actually feels more like a spasm than anything else. All of the time when it happens I'll be either sitting, resting, bending over, turning my head, or walking along. It never happens when I'm working out or doing something exerting. It happens sometimes a few times in a day then goes away for a few days then comes back for two days. Sometimes I'll only feel one, sometimes it's a few in a row, sometimes it's one or two throughout the day. Mostly they happen at night, but sometimes they will happen in the middle of the day, but never in the morning or during sleep. It's began to affect my anxiety levels, and makes me very anxious throughout the day.

Since then I've also noticed quite a few other symptoms come along.

*my nose sometimes feels like it swells on the inside, feels tight and hard to breath through
*my hair is thinning
*twitching and muscle spasms randomly through out my body
*bubbling and build up of gas in my stomach/chest that doesn't seem to want to come out
*bubbling, gurgling and lots of noise when I first wake up without eating anything at all
*sometimes a little bit of acid reflux - never hurts my throat and I never get heart burn
*diarrhea on and off for a day or two
*extra anxiety
*occasional extra mucus in lungs
*heavy headaches from time to time (never has headaches before)

Sometimes these palpitations occur when my bubbling is really bad at night about an hour after eating, sometimes they happen with no other symptoms happening.

I've been to the doctor a million times, I've been tested for digestive problems, candida, overgrowth of bacteria, heart disease, hyperthyroid, celiac, all come back normal. I don't have any real pain except for the occasional bloating from the gas. There is no chest pain, my heart doesn't race, no shortness of breath.

I've tried a million things that don't seem to help. I've tried extra magnesium, extra potassium, extra calcium, I drink more than enough water, I eat really fresh mostly veggies and fruit, little chicken and meat. I'll cheat every once in a while with a pizza slice or bowl of ice cream, but for the most part very healthy. I'm not over weight, I exercise occasionally throughout the week, I don't take drugs, I don't use medication, I don't even take aspirin. I have not tried any antacids or gas medications, as I heard that it may effect people with acid reflux strangely.

I've kept a journal of my food intake for a little longer than a month and I can't pin point a certain thing that may be causing this. It happens at strange times and nothing in particular seems to bring the palpitations on except the bubbling under my chest and excess gas.

I'm thinking it could be GERD related but I don't know what I should or shouldn't take to relieve the bubbling and gurgling without irritating it more. I want to get rid of the bubbling and gurgling, as well as the acid reflux and palpitations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I feel extremely lost.
Thank You!!

The following user gives a hug of support to jaybee465:
gtaffpro (01-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
(male)

stoneyp HB User
Re: Bubbling gas under ribs, causing heart palpitations!!

your a FM version of me. take 1 prevacid daily, they diagnosed me with (EE) Eosinophilic esophagitis, some of my like symptoms come from EE, but i still have alot more that just dont add up to EE. still testing. They have me on a steriod pill to reduce inflamation of esophagis, and with the prevacid together has really reduced alot of the reflux and bubbling ect.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
(female)

gtaffpro HB User

I have had the same problems as well as other symptoms, I found out I have Hypothyroid
I also Have a vitamin B12 deficiancy, Which can cause heart palpitations, and tons of heart attack symptoms, I would be in and out of the hospital emerg over the past 3 years thinking I was dying, both deficiancies cause the same symptoms and they both cause panic attacks even if you have nothing to be panicing over, which is where the palpitations that feel like some one just kicked you in the ribs from inside.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
(female)

gtaffpro HB User

So Most Doctors will not even check your B12 or your thyroid, Tell them you want them checked and you want to see the results for yourself,

My B12 reads 228 179 - 660
my thyroid reads in at 4.73 0.27 - 4.20
everything to do with my thyroid readins are halfed. and im borderline having to get B12 Shots instead of just taking the vitamin orally, I did start to feel better but have been having the pains again even though I have been taking my thyroid ( levo thyroxine and my b 12 so more than likely I myself will be taking shots, many other female friends I know have ther exact same problems and exact symptoms and a lot were diagnosed with Manic depression or some other mental problems, when infact it was not a brain issue it was a chemical imbalance due to their thyroid and B12,, as soon as you wrote thinning hair, and the palpitations, I knew you were having the same problem as me. Go get tested and get on the pills and follow any diet plan, because thyroid meds will not work if eating or drinking the wrong things withen an hour of taking them. and same as B12.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
(female)

gtaffpro HB User

sorry i saw you were tested for "hyper"thyroid? Hyperthyroid the opposite of what I have visibal symptoms of "hypo"thyroid is a lump in the throat, or you neck is sore behind the earloabs down the sides of your neck in your throat it won't feel like strep or anything like that but you may have swelling that makes you think you have strep, the pain is more of a soreness than an itch or tickle or strep pain. thinning hair, either you gain weight or you can't lose weight very quickly,,.. example you go on a diet that 5 of your friends lost 10 lbs in a month and you lost .2 lbs doing the exact same things as them. I also can wake up bright and early feel fantastic, then suddenly I am tired and want to nap. you say you have thinning hair .. but do you have strange growth of hair anywhere else. that women apparently should not have, do your side burns grow faster than most womens after a haircut? Do you get any lumps under your armpits? especially around the time you are close to having your period.. infact how often is your period? the lumps of course are in grown hairs due to the hormonal imbalance. they are all connected to the same things, if you are in the begining stages of HYPOTHYROID you may not have them. and hypothyroid is sometimes missed . and the gas is blaimed on reflux or gerb when it is in fact not even close to it. also, get tested for chrohnes.

Foods that cause the thyroid to malfunction and make your B12 bad..(which cause all your symptoms) mostly MILK based. MILK is not healthy for anyone.. the comercials all lie... think of it this way, animals breast feed for a few weeks then they never get milk again... so why are we drinking cows milk or goats milk or what ever, and any foods with preservatives, also. any vegetables considered to be in the cabbage family and potatoes. another bad food is wheat. Oats are good though. and so is squash. all meat is good except pork. the salt in pork is to high, also stay away from bottled water if it has an Magneziam level higher than 2.

If you are finding this all hard to take in, there are tons of sites about HYPOTHYROID... I don't even know why they checked you for HYPERTHYROID .. unless you are very thin and have an adams apple they shouldn't bother checking for the HYPER version.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
(male)

CMcC HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee465 View Post
Hi there,

I'm a 25 year old female and I've been dealing with what I'm about to describe for about 6-7 months now.
Hi,

I have had almost identical symptoms to you for about the last 8-9 months. Like you I have been through a raft of tests including full blood works on more than on occasion and even ultrasound scans of my gall bladder to rule out gallstones so far nothing has been diagnosed.

I have been thinking it is likely something around IBS caused by anxiety and my most distressing symptoms are the heart palpitations. Like you I can get one on it's own or a few together.

What I have noticed is that I seem more likely to get them when I stand up after sitting for a prolonged period and also get them if I bend over. My overall feeling is that my stomach is bloating and brushing against a nerve or something that sets them off. This is mainly due to the fact that almost without fail within 10 minutes of having one of these things I need to pass gas or have a bowel movement.

That said the Hypothyroidism and the Vitamin B12 deficiency look like avenues worth exploring.

Out of interest do you have a fairly sedentary job/lifestyle, i do have and am trying to address that but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

I'll be going back to my doctor tomorrow to ask her about the Hypothyroidism tomorrow so I'll report back.

Hang in there!

Old 02-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User

CMcC,

While the ultrasound is the basic test to see whether you have gallstones, it is not the definitive test to see whether your gallbladder is functioning properly. For example if you had "sludge" in your gallbladder the ultrasound will not pick it up. If your gallbladder is inflamed/diseased it also may not be picked up on the ultrasound. The definitive test for gallbladder function is the HIDA scan with CCK.

Bloating, diarrhea, pale colored stool, pain under the ribs, upper right quadrant tenderness, pain in the right shoulder, etc are common symptoms of gallbladder disease. Less common symptoms that I personally experienced include heart palipations and panic attacks.

Good luck in your search for answers.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:47 AM   #8
(female)

tanese HB User

I have very similar symptoms and have had it for 2 years but cant seem to find out whats wrong.jaybee465 we basically have 99.9% of the same symptoms.everything you mention is pretty much same as am going through,the doctor told me i had GERD but i have more gas than burning they gas is always pressing against my hear which causes palpitations,weakness and nervousness.I took almost all the antacids on the market for GERD but my main problem is the gas an the pain it causes is almost unberbale

Old 03-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #9
(female)

TMRealtor HB User

My heart has been doing the 'flip flops' for thirty years, and i've been working out all that time LOL....usually after a few flip flops, I burp a good one, and they go away...dont worry yourself sick about this....I was soooooooooooooooooooooo freaked out at first...i was in my 20's (I'm now 53, and my heart is fine, just had a nuclear stress test!!! ) Now i have GERD JUST AWFUL!!! ANYWAY HOPE I HELPED YOU FEEL BETTER!! My best friend has the same thing too.....it's nothing to worry about, unless
1.) you have a bad family history of early heart disease..... 2.) you get faint feeling and break out in a sweat when your heart flip flops, 3.) or you get a crushing pain in your jaw or arm....otherwise dont' worry....it's benign....yes, has to do with gas bubbles : )

Closed Thread