It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
(female)

KayP80 HB User
Mystery Stomach Problems

I’ve had digestive problems sense I was little. I have always had problems with constipation sense I was a toddler. When I was around eight; I started getting gassy and would belch all the time to the point I would end up throwing up. This lasted for a few years, my pediatrician prescribed baby colic medication which seemed to help a little. As I entered adolescence my vomiting stopped, but I still had problems with belching all the time.

As I got older my burping problem stayed the same and I would notice my stomach getting bloated as well. As I entered my late teens I noticed I was getting heartburn more frequently so I tried being more careful what I eat. I am now 23 and in the past year or two my stomach problems have only gotten worse, I have dealt with nausea for years now and it has gotten to the point where it is normal for me to be nauseas in the morning. I have also been experience grumbling in my stomach on the upper left side right under my rib cage as well as pressure and extreme pain and discomfort that normally lasts for a few hours. Food doesn’t seem to be a factor because I have these flare ups both after and before I eat. I have no difficulty eating and can eat normal sized portions. I actually have to watch myself that I don’t over eat, during times when my stomach isn’t bothering me.

While I am not skinny, I am not obese; I am 5’5” and around 155 - 160lbs. I don’t smoke or drink and I am moderately active.

I have had a gastroscopy, HIDA scan, sonogram of my gallbladder and pancreas, a Celiac Panel, and an abdominal x-ray all which came back normal. I am now on Sucralfate, which has nearly eliminated my pain, but I still get the pressure and grumbling with the gas and nausea.

Does anyone know what I might have?

Last edited by KayP80; 01-21-2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: left something out

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
(female)

mel24141 HB User
Re: Mystery Stomach Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayP80 View Post
Iíve had digestive problems sense I was little. I have always had problems with constipation sense I was a toddler. When I was around eight; I started getting gassy and would belch all the time to the point I would end up throwing up. This lasted for a few years, my pediatrician prescribed baby colic medication which seemed to help a little. As I entered adolescence my vomiting stopped, but I still had problems with belching all the time.

As I got older my burping problem stayed the same and I would notice my stomach getting bloated as well. As I entered my late teens I noticed I was getting heartburn more frequently so I tried being more careful what I eat. I am now 23 and in the past year or two my stomach problems have only gotten worse, I have dealt with nausea for years now and it has gotten to the point where it is normal for me to be nauseas in the morning. I have also been experience grumbling in my stomach on the upper left side right under my rib cage as well as pressure and extreme pain and discomfort that normally lasts for a few hours. Food doesnít seem to be a factor because I have these flare ups both after and before I eat. I have no difficulty eating and can eat normal sized portions. I actually have to watch myself that I donít over eat, during times when my stomach isnít bothering me.

While I am not skinny, I am not obese; I am 5í5Ē and around 155 - 160lbs. I donít smoke or drink and I am moderately active.

I have had a gastroscopy, HIDA scan, sonogram of my gallbladder and pancreas, a Celiac Panel, and an abdominal x-ray all which came back normal. I am now on Sucralfate, which has nearly eliminated my pain, but I still get the pressure and grumbling with the gas and nausea.

Does anyone know what I might have?
Have you been tested for H. Pylori?

Old 07-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Mystery Stomach Problems

KayP80, Have you had a Colonoscopy. I had/have exactly the same symptoms. Gas/ Bloating/Nausea and pain on and off on the left side under my ribs. I have been diagnosed with Diverticulitis.
Eating or Non-Eating can cause me bad pain on the left side which can travel up my back.
Are your bowels alternating as that can appear (as with me) with Diverticulitis.
H.Pylori would have shown up with an Endoscopy/Biopsy. Solofelix.

Closed Thread