It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
(female)

missjade11 HB Usermissjade11 HB Usermissjade11 HB User
Deep Belching

I have been having these belching attacks very very deep belching to the point you almost want to vomit. But no acid comes up its just belching. I have a little nausea with that, and some slight burning under the ribs to back on both left and right side, both sides are slight tender to touch, there is no burn in the esophagus. At night it gets worse and when I'm laying down I can hear my stomach making popping sounds producing more gas. I belch all night then wake up to only gas. I was diagnosed with mild inflammation (gastritis) 7 years ago, and it calmed out went away and now i have this. I had an endoscopy recently he didn't mention gastriits or acid reflux he gave me protonix to TRY anyways. I have no idea if its gastriits or GERD Or both or some other problem! The protonix has done nothing. Its hard to eat cause I will have a belch attack.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
(female)

sarahlynn78 HB User
Re: Deep Belching

Did you have this before the endoscopy or at least as bad? I have all these symptoms after mine and none beforehand :/ looking for answers..also they said my procedure went well and found nothing wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
(female)

lillye HB User

Can gastritis cause constant pains under the left shoulder blade and under left ribs in front and back? Your symptoms sound like mine and they have run so many tests but can't find the source of my pain...

Old 01-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
(female)

Offspring HB User

what's your diet like? I've had intestinal/digestive problems my whole life, had treatment after treatment, doc visits out the behind, but it wasn't until recently that i realized how much the foods i was eating was effecting me, do some looking online, look up foods that produce gas and avoid them, maybe cut down on the gluten and wheat products, i fell off the wagon the other week and started eating terrible foods, fast food, chips, stuff i knew better then to be eating, consequences, a hemorrhoid from hell and pains in my intestines i cant even describe. diet and nutrition is HUGE when it comes to your digestive.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
(female)

lillye HB User

I thank you for your reply---I eat so healthy---very little fat or gluten however I tested negative for celiac disease----My worsrt pain is in the left rib cage under my shoulder blade---I have had so many tests---they know i have gastroparesis which is slow stomach emptying but can't find other causes---where is your pain?

Old 06-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
(female)

sadgirl1938 HB Usersadgirl1938 HB User

maybe a ulcer

Old 06-09-2012, 04:31 AM   #7
(male)

jenko2005 HB User

Ive just been diagnosed with gastris (excuse the spelling) myself too has pain under the left ribcage which is due to the acid in the stomach causeing it to swell and touching the diaphram , the acid is also entering the bowel and the espohgus as well however i dont seem to have any discomfort in the espohgus/throat its only in the stomach and bowel however ive been put on 2 lots of tablets which he seems to think within 4 weeks ill be 95% better and within 8 weeks it will tablet controlled completely

jenko

Old 06-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
(female)

sadgirl1938 HB Usersadgirl1938 HB User

when i get deep belching, i have well, at least currently have gastritis also and a ulcer or two. mylanta occasionally or as needed and zantac two times a day as RX by my dr. plus a 10 mg pepcid before each meal does wonders. i would die w/o those medicines i get that sick.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjade11 View Post
I have been having these belching attacks very very deep belching to the point you almost want to vomit. But no acid comes up its just belching. I have a little nausea with that, and some slight burning under the ribs to back on both left and right side, both sides are slight tender to touch, there is no burn in the esophagus. At night it gets worse and when I'm laying down I can hear my stomach making popping sounds producing more gas. I belch all night then wake up to only gas. I was diagnosed with mild inflammation (gastritis) 7 years ago, and it calmed out went away and now i have this. I had an endoscopy recently he didn't mention gastriits or acid reflux he gave me protonix to TRY anyways. I have no idea if its gastriits or GERD Or both or some other problem! The protonix has done nothing. Its hard to eat cause I will have a belch attack.
Try slowing your eating down,drink less carbonated beverages,don't chew gum, don't lie down for at least 2 hours after eating and don't drink with a straw. Try putting the head of your bed on bed risers or use bed wedge so you're not lying down flat on your back.

Closed Thread