It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User
Question about upper gi endoscopy

I'm having an endoscopy done next week to check for damage done to my esophogus due to acid reflux for years. I'm also concerned I have low stomach acid and it's preventing food and meds from being absorbed. Can they tell how much stomach acid you have in this procedure? My doc seemed more pro antacids than digestive enzymes. I take digestive enzymes a lot and they seem to help.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Question about upper gi endoscopy

The upper endoscopy can check for acid damage and issues of the stomach such as ulcers or h. pylori. I think to get the best idea of your acid levels, I think the pH testing would give you better results.

I've found most GI docs go with traditional medicine as a general rule.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread