It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

tigger2211 HB User
*important* roemheld syndrome (rs)

Im looking for anybody that has Roemheld Syndrome (aka gastro-cardiac syndrome). Its where your digestive system causes cardiac arrhythmia's from gas, GERD, digestion etc........there is nothing structurally wrong with the heart itself, but pressure in the stomach causes palpitations and afib.

Im looking for the cause and the cure! I would love to hear about your diagnosis and how you are coping with it.

This is very important as I too am suffering from this condition and have found no answers. It isn't very well known in the medical community and its frustrating beyond belief.

I look forward to hearing from you! Best of health to all!

Old 05-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
(male)

shanevn HB User
Re: *important* roemheld syndrome (rs)

Hi. I have what is suspected to be Roemheld syndrome. I have had all the heart exams, sonars, angiogram, blood work etc. No physical heart abnormalities found. I have a hiatus hernia, (I have undergone stomach PH tests, pressure tests etc - all normal) which is suspected to be the culprit, as I build up so much gas that it appears I am having a heart attack, and at the same time my blood pressure spikes to dangerous levels. I also do not react to any medication. My doctor is also not clued up on the condition. So I too am looking for more information.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
(female)

spastic44f HB User

hey I am trying to figure out what is wrong with me still,do u also have shortness of breath when your having this? sorry your ging thru this,cause I know whatever mine is,its driving me crazy!

Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
(male)

shanevn HB User

Hi. Fortunately I do not have shortness of breath, although I constantly have a pain across my heart. At times it is severe but is immediately alleviated if I am able to bring up wind. Unfortunately the pressure builds up in minutes again, and I start all over again.

Closed Thread