It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
(female)

happylittlefami HB User
I just had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. Question about biopsies...

2 days ago, I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy because an upper GI series a couple weeks ago recommended it be done. The doctor doing the colonoscopy and endoscopy took like 9 biopsies of my small intestine and it's noted he took "multiple" biospies of the terminal ileum due to somewhat unusual appearance of it.

However, after having the procedures, he came and talked to us and didn't say much. He said he was likely just being very cautious because my internist is trying to find the cause of my severe anemia and multiple other deficiencies.

The upper GI series mentioned that there were various areas that were consistent with sprue, which I assume is Celiacs Disease.

Would the GI doctor doing the colonoscopy and endoscopy been able to tell during the procedure if I have celiacs or does that only get diagnosed when the biopsies come back?

I also had a lot of stomach pain during the prep and after and also an area in my mid back on the right side (like under the rib cage) that hurts a lot. Is that just trapped gas from the procedures? It's about the size of my hand and hasn't moved, so I'm wondering if maybe it's just pain from perhaps the area he took all the biopsies? IDK I have to give them a call today anyway, but thought I'd ask on here. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread