It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
(female)

judy84 HB Userjudy84 HB User
Ice cream and bloating

Hi everyone. Well I have had digestive issues for a long time now, and have to be fairly careful with what I eat, and not overdo it with certain foods.

To be honest, not sure if I am lactose/dairy intolerant or not (do these labels even matter sometimes?) but I think last night I just over did it, because I am usually ok with eating ice cream occasionally in sensible quantities :P But last night, I ate two bowl fulls of ice cream, which I think was too much, because I have been bloated ever since! :/ I am hoping it passes soon, but 24 hours seems like quite a while to have a bloated stomach, I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what might help ease the bloating sooner? Any food ideas, or OTC medications??

Will appreciate any suggestions! Thanks

Last edited by judy84; 05-05-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Ice cream and bloating

Judy,

Ice cream contains alot of air as well as sugar. So, a tablet here in the USA called GAS X may help. Also, a homeopathic remedy -- Carbo Veg 6X,

Lactose intolerance can be helped with lactase.

Sugar can cause candida problems-- take coconut oil it contains caprylic that helps yeast/candida problems...

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 05-05-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Addition &Typos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Don't mean to be rude , but how are your Bowels. I suffer from Gerd also Hiatal Hernia and Diverticulitis. Bloating is a very large part of my life with my stomach problems. After treatment for H.Pylori I found anything containing sugar blew me up instantly, other foods can do it also. I recently spent a few days with my Brother and ate quite a bit of Ice-cream something I would not normally eat. I not only got bloating I got Candida in my mouth. I do find if my bowels are regular the bloating will ease off and the less sugary things I eat, the better. Solofelix.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
(female)

Haha, that's ok My bowels are fine (thankfully!) but I know with lactose intolerance, diarrhoea is often mentionned along with bloating and "flatulence" (seems to be a formal medical term for wind).

I've had stomach issues for about 2 years now, with no answers from my doctors. But it's been upper GI issues, bowels seem ok. I have a wheat intolerance, and it seems maybe a very slight lactose sensitivity. Looking back over the ingredients, ice cream is loaded with extra lactose, having 2 bowl fulls of the stuff was not really sensible! :/

I'm hoping it passes soon, although I've had worse problems than bloating before. I bought some lactase enzyme pills but not sure how much they help. Lactaid doesn't seem to be available over here without ordering online, and I was too impatient (it's also quite scary how expensive it is!)

Old 05-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
(female)

Still feeling rough...I hate how long this is taking. Constant gas and bloating, gross!! :/ I never want to touch ice cream again, seems weird that I'm still like this after 3 days.

Closed Thread