It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Help!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
sikatard
(male)

sikatard HB User
Help!!!

I never expected to find myself here. I think of the lyrics to a song I know ring true, "life goes on long after the fun of living is done", I never use to feel that way, I always enjoyed life. Not so at the moment. I hope they have spell check here nas my fingersn are to big and sometimes hit two keys, please forgive. I am a 53, year old male. Not in the best of health but livable. I have type 2 diabetes, hypertension and suffer from chronic pain. Needless to say I am well medicated. I am on oxycontin and percocet for the pain and other medsn for the other problems. About three years ago I was suffering from yucky burps, nausea, and diarhea. My doctor had my GB removed. Since that time I still have had similiar problems with certain foods, all of which seem to indicate GP problems. I very raely eat meats, an if I do I may or may not get sick. I cannot eat chicken or fish without the same problems. The dumb thing is sometimes I can eat those fooda and I am ok. I can even eat a McD's burger and have no problems. If I eat a good burger I get sick.If I have bowl of cereal before going to bed when I have these symptoms it is almost a promise I will throw-up.Egg's are just as bad. But again sometimes I eat them without a problem.I can eat breads and seem to have no problems. Being diabetic the foods I need to eat I cannot. Even if it is a lean cut of meat there is no promise I will not get sick.I will have times wich can last for a couple of months where I feel great and nothing bother mes. I eat what ever I want and feel like enjoying life. Then as in now I am in a spot where I feel like throwing up 24/7. At the start of this I bourght some digestive enzymes that I would take before meals and it seemed to help for a while, then all the symptoms would return. I then bought fibre pills and that seemed to cure me , then again it all comes back. I get nauseated, burping and extremely tired, which may or not be related. I am back in that time where I am not enjoying my life. I do not know what to eat. I just burp and feel like throwing up all the time. I do not usually have diarhea but my fecal matter can turn yellowish or almost white. But then it corrects itself and I am back to normal discharge. It is weird but during that time my bowel movements are very thin and I have a hard time pinch it off. Anyonbe out there have a similar problem or have any ideas. I have been scoped up and down and tested inside and out. I forgot to say that my stomach becomes very gurgerly. I do have gas and bloating, but it is not the putrid smell like GB. I hope this is not to much info but I need help. I cannot live like thisI just either ly down or sit in a chair with my bucket. I am under alot of stress right know but I do not thing that is the problem. Any help would be greatky appreciated. HELP!!!.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
solofelix
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Help!!!

Sorry to hear how you are feeling. I understand as I have all those stomach problems and more.
You don't say what the outcome of your tests were. I was diagnosed with H.Pylori and had similar symptoms, obviously that wasn't found if you had an Endoscopy. I also have Gerd and again this sounds like what you have. Have you had an Ultrasound to check your Gallbladder. There is also a possibility of Hiatal Hernia. Lastly if nothing was found with these tests you could have IBS.
You should report back to your Dr and explain your symptoms. Have you been Prescribed any medication. If its AR/Gerd you are usually prescribed PPIs.
Sorry I cant be more helpful. Keep us informed of how you are doing , Solofelix.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
nova98
(female)

nova98 HB User

A lot of stress is not helping your situation at all. Make a copy of what you posted here and take it with you to your gastroenterologist so you both can figure out what you should be doing to improve your health and the quality of your life. You may also need to work with a dietician re: finding foods you *can* safely digest. Let your doctor know about your stress too (stress just aggravates our GI systems and I speak from experience!). Good luck and take care.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
sikatard
(male)

sikatard HB User

Thankyou for your thoughts. I have had all the test possible. I have been on Prilosec for a few years now. It has been hard to diagnose because it comes and goes. It mimics all the problems I had with gallstones but my gall bladder has been removed.My doctor's have been trying different things but nothing seems to work. At best it nmay help for a little then it comes back. Meats of all kind and chicken and fish and eggs seem to be the worst. Yet sometimes I can eat them for a period of time and have no problem. I am going back to Dr. again and see if they can come uo with anything.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
nova98
(female)

nova98 HB User

Good! You're not alone (as you can see from all the different threads re: digestive problems, especially from folks who had their gallbladders removed). You may become a vegetarian for a while - who knows? If you and your medical professionals discover something that works for you, let us know. We're all looking for something that works :>) Good luck!

Old 05-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
sikatard
(male)

sikatard HB User

I would like say it is nice to know there are others suffering as I, but I wish there was no one going through this. Quality of life is gone. 24/7 of feeling nauseated most of my life is no fun. I am going to try and stay away fro meat for a time period and see if that does help. I went to the health food store and bought "Digest Gold" Enzymes. I do not know if it will help.I was directed to try them. If this is a problem because I had my gall bladder removed, you would think they would have something out there to help. Thanks again

Old 05-17-2011, 01:36 AM   #7
solofelix
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Have you tried DOMPERIDONE for the Nausea, I found it did help.
Also Ginger Tea, It's a case of trial and error with what to/what not to eat. I feel somewhat better if I leave of all sugar. I do find Aloe Vera juice helpful as well.
All the best to everyone, Solofelix.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #8
sikatard
(male)

sikatard HB User

No I have not tried any of that. I will give them a try. Vegatarian starting today. Thankyou

Old 05-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
roxyrose08
(female)

roxyrose08 HB User

I can certainly sympathize. I have had this problem on and off for 20 years. I have also had my gallbladder removed; I have had two endoscopies, both with the same result, Gastritis. Mine was originally caused by nsaid medications. I have been on almost all the meds they use for this problem and they work for a year or so and then stop. I am presently taking the newest of these drugs (Dexilant). It worked for two years and then I started having the pain, bloating, belching, ECT again.
I really do believe stress plays a big part in this problem. I get the chest pain and start to worry about my heart and the stress makes the stomach pain worse. The solution eludes me and my doctors.
I have stopped all pain meds except Tylenol and have some minor relief.
I do hope you can also get to feeling better

Old 05-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
nova98
(female)

nova98 HB User

You would think that in the year 2011, some pharmaceutical company would have developed some type of medication to absorb all that bile that's causing so much misery to folks w/o gallbladders (and w/o causing horrid side effects!). I'm sipping organic golden ginger tea right now as my stomach has been rolling ever since dinner (almost sounds like a washing machine at times, slosh, slosh, gurgle - know what I mean?)

The following user gives a hug of support to nova98:
roxyrose08 (05-23-2011)
Old 05-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
sikatard
(male)

sikatard HB User

Yes I do understand. I sit there and hear the same thing.What I do not understand is it is not all the time. The past four days have been good, why? Makes no sense.apparently there is not enough money to be made to develop something.

Closed Thread