It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
(female)

kduffney HB User
pain under left ribcage

I have pain under the left ribcage and radiates to the left back and lower left back area

Old 06-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: pain under left ribcage

Hi, I had the same and a colonoscopy revealed Diverticulitis. I dont know what other symptom would show up on that side. If you are concerned get it checked out thats what I did. Peace of mind means a lot. Good Luck, Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
(female)

k9handlergirl HB User

Probably Diverticulitus...I had it too... Now I'm having pain under my right ribcage, to the back, and that's an inflamed gallbladder...

Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
(female)

alina30 HB Useralina30 HB User

Hi kduffney, I was just wondering if you found out what the pain is? I have the same thing, have had symptoms for over a year and finally got to the doctor because they are going around to the back left side as well. She has me trying prilosec first to see if that helps before doing more tests. Looking into info on diverticulitis has me wondering if that is what is is. Hope your doing well.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
(female)

mamasnug HB Usermamasnug HB User

I have the exact same thing, and have had it for a long time. So far, nothing found, but I am doing an upper GI and colonscopy on Nov. 14. I will let you know if they find anything. I asked the GI doctor what was there. He said nothing but the colon and stomach, my pain wraps around the lower board of the rib cage and even up the sternum, there's points along the way that really hurt! Now, I did have an issues with this some time ago, I had an infection in my upper intestines, doc explained it like having food posioning but in the intestines, this is somewhat similar and wicked painful too.

I am also having an ultrasound next week so see if it's the gallbladder.

There are many people who have this type of pain and have no idea what is causing it. Could be a slipped rib, hernia, etc.,

Go see the GI doc and let him check it out. Meanwhile, I will let you know what I find since I have all my tests lined up already.

I'm sorry you are going through this. So am I and it hurts a lot, I know it does !

Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
(female)

FYI - I did ask about this again today at an appointment, I was told the gallbladder can sometimes radiate pain to the left. All my problems are on the left side of my body, despite the fact that the orgin of a lot of that pain is actuall on the right. It's really strange.

Anyway, I will let you know what I find. I have had an ultrasound before, nothing found, it's just this strange pain that evades diagnosis. I do hope the colonscopy and upper GI will produce some results, as well as the new round of bloodwork and the ultrasound lined up.

Make an appointment and let us know what you find!

Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

When I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis I was also suffering Diareah and change in my bowel movements along with the left side pain.
A Colonoscopy will reveal if that is the problem.
Solofelix.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
(female)

KDUFFNEY - do you notice that any foods seem to make this worse? I ask because one of the foods to avoid is pickles. I had some the other night and thought I'd die of the pain, never have I had problems with pickles before, eat them all the time. Look up Diverticulitis and see if any of the foods on that list seem to make your problems worse.

Closed Thread