It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
(female)

jacq42 HB Userjacq42 HB User
Question endoscopy concerns

Hi all I had my endoscopy yesterday and the doctor told me there and then it was all fine apart from a lot of mucus,they had taken the usual biopsies etc,however I had only been home from the hospital ten minutes and I had a phonecall asking me to go back tomorrow to see the consultant.
I asked the secretary if my biopsy results would be back by then and she said yes,I'm just concerned why am I back there so quickly?
Are the doctors allowed to say all is ok even if its not?,as they're not exactly going to tell you whilst sedated.
To add to it all I could swallow and had no pain initially after th endoscopy but itys all coming back slowly again
I'm so confused any words of advice would be much appreciated
Jacq

Old 07-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: endoscopy concerns

Maybe the reason they called you so quick was that they'd meant to set up the appointment while you were there, but forgot.

During the procedure, you are given drugs and sometimes numbing medicines. You also fast. This may be why you felt better right after the scope, but now your symptoms are coming back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I wouldnt worry if I was you. Its possible they want to discuss what treatment they are going to give you.
Often after an Endoscopy you dont always remember what you are told as you have just been sedated and they wanted to make the treatment clear with you.
Also you would have all your symptoms back after the Endoscopy, you have not had any treatment yet, the( E ) was just to see what is going on.
Let us know how things go. Good Luck, Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
jacq42 (07-14-2011)
Old 07-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
(female)

jacq42 HB Userjacq42 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
I wouldnt worry if I was you. Its possible they want to discuss what treatment they are going to give you.
Often after an Endoscopy you dont always remember what you are told as you have just been sedated and they wanted to make the treatment clear with you.
Also you would have all your symptoms back after the Endoscopy, you have not had any treatment yet, the( E ) was just to see what is going on.
Let us know how things go. Good Luck, Solofelix.
Hi all just to let you know my endoscopy looked clear but the biopsies results are not back as yet, I told the dr that the symptoms returned real quick and he believes its due to surgery I've had done on my thyroid and/or the fibromyalgia that's making it hard to swallow,so I'm having a barium meal next then I've been sent to the fast track clinic to see how bad my angina and acid reflux has become.
So I got some pills to stop the sickness and to protect my stomach for now,I'm back in 8 weeks unless my biopsies show something wrong.
So this dysphagia means pureed food for me now.
Thanks for your support
Take care
Jacq

Closed Thread