It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
(female)

2005djb HB User
Contracted chest pain...

This weekend I experienced severe pain around my chest and between by shoulder blades and up the right side of my neck. It was like contractons and it lasted about 1 hour after I eat. It happened all weekend after each meal forcing me to stop what I was doing and wait for it to subside.

Foods I ate, fat free yogurt, oatmeal w/raisins, spagetti w/meat sauce, lettuce with olive oil dressing and ice cream w/choc. syrup.

I went to the doc yesterday and they did an in office EKG and nothing looked odd. They took two viles of blood to test the gallbladder, for ulcer and pancreas. Not sure what they look for.

5'4" and 159 lbs, 54 years old.

Has anyone else had this type of pain?

Last edited by 2005djb; 07-19-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: adding age

Old 07-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: Contracted chest pain...

Gallbladder pain can be felt in your back and radiating up through the shoulder blades, it did for me...Did the doctor order an Ultrasound or HIDA Scan to check for gallbladder? Before my gallbladder diagnosis, I went to the ER twice for EKG's and 2 stress tests to rule out a heart attack!

If it turns out to be your gallbladder, try eliminating fats from your diet, no salad dressings, butter, cream, whole milk, etc. as this is a trigger for pains. Also for me, tomato based sauces, chocolate, coffee, tea, orange juice, anything acidic caused me great pains and digestive disorders even still after surgery.

I hope you get some answers from your doctor soon, let us know how it turns out.

The Following User Says Thank You to rufous57 For This Useful Post:
2005djb (07-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
(female)

2005djb HB User

I've got an appointment for a Cardio Light Stress Test on Wed., 7/27. The doc should be calling me about the blood tests later this week or first part of next week.

Thank you for your insite!
I'm anxious to get results .

Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I wish you well with your test results.
Try to avoid foods like Ice cream and Syrup and really for me anything sweet is a no-no.
Spicy foods and carbonated drinks are not good either.
An Ultra-sound will show if there is a problem with your Gallbladder.
Good Luck, Solofelix.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
(female)

2005djb HB User

Well I had my Cardiac Stress Test and after I was done on the treadmill, a cardiac doc came in to look at the graph print out, he asked my why I was there and I told him about the chest pain, but I added that I thought it wasn't my heart that more my esphagus.

He did say there was some abnormalties....but didn't elaborate! I was taken back a bit by that comment.

My doctor will have the results in 1-2 days! No one from the doctor's office called me regarding the blood drawn. I'll wait till tomorrow and call for the results of both tests!

Little bit scared now!

Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

If I were you I would call the cardiologist back and ask for a more definitive explanation of his remarks! When I had my first stress test on the treadmill, the machine had a glitch and so the results were null and void and I had to come back for another Echo-Cardio Stress Test, meaning the technician did an ultra sound immediately after the treatmill stopped. At that point, the Cardiologist was able to see that my heart was fine. But it was stressful waiting that week for the next test! This was all because of my bad gallbladder, the pains I had were in my chest and back and shoulder blades but my doctor wanted to rule out a heart attack. It's nerve-wracking to wait for test results, you have my empathy! I would also call the lab about your blood work, wasn't that over a week ago the samples were taken? I hope you get your answers soon and feel better.

Closed Thread