It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

DeniseA HB UserDeniseA HB User
Offically diagnosed with H pylori. What do my results mean?!

I was feeling quite sick today. It's been about 3 months of the horrible feeling. Dizziness, twitching, stomache aches, tremors, switching back and forth between constipation and diaheara. I went to get the results on paper. It's showed that I tested positive for h pylori. Normal Range is 15 u/ml. Mine was 94.9 u/ml. I'm just so shocked I was told these result now. This test was taken in APRIL. I'm praying that this what is causing my symptoms or I'm back at square 1. I'm gonna start my treatment today. Wish me luck.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

Re: Offically diagnosed with H pylori. What do my results mean?!

Is this really severe? any suggestions? anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I had the same over two years ago.
Seven day large Antibiotic treatment. I do wish you luck as its a really harsh treatment and it took me two attempts to complete it. You will also be given PPIs along with the Antibiotics and should continue them for four weeks unless told different.
As soon as you finish the Antibiotics make sure to take good Probiotics, these are essential to replace the loss of any good bacteria along with the bad ones.
I wasn't told this and never took them until many months later.
I also recommend ALOE VERA juice which is good for your Digestive system.
Good Luck, Solofelix.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
(female)

It's been less than 6 hours since I took my first set of pills and I ALREADY feel like giving up. I got diarhea almost immediately. Followed by chest pain, rapid heart, dry heavng and irriablity. I want to throw in the towel. I think I'm gonna ask my doc for another alternative. I feel like such a baby. It's only for 7 days.

Should I eat probiotic During my h pylori treatment?

Old 07-28-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi DeniseAnette,
I had every symptom you have, it was dreadful. I never left the house and spent the week in bed on and off, I really know how you feel. I had a Holiday booked to Italy at the time and never thought I would make it. I went four days after the course ended.
After you finish the treatment start on the Probiotics also Natural Yogurt with Probiotic Cultures.
How long is your treatment, mine was 7 days. I have read of some people having 14 days, but read also that its unessesary. Best Wishes, Solofelix.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
(female)

Yeah, it definitely is not fun. I've never been so sick in my whole life. But im grateful that it isnt something worse. Its day 2. I actually slept well last night. Headaches are subsiding, twitching is decrease (probably due to lack of sleep). The meds are making me quite itchy. I'm a little emotional, but thats probably cause i want this to be OVER lol. I don't know if that should be reason to stop or if I should stick it out. I finish on Tuesday.

I took 2 months off work because of this. I'm so shocked that I even have a job still. I wish the clinic would have told me earlier. It would have saved me a lot of money, not to mention pain and anxiety (sorry, ranting..) I have acidophillus pills that I will take after treatment and I'll def stock up on some probiotic yoghurt!

Last edited by DeniseA; 07-28-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
(female)

I'm on the antibotics for 7 days thank goodness. I'm starting have *****ling pain in my right side near, my liver area and right arm and my heart hurts a little but I feel it beating normal. My throat kinda tickles too. I can't wait to get better. I feel so anxious!

Last edited by DeniseA; 07-28-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Closed Thread