It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
(female)

fairytales HB User
Exclamation My latest stomach biopsy results

Hi all,

Just want to share my latest biopsy results. Both are done in 2 different labs & pathologists. Do you think the biopsy would get wrong diagnosis, because my current gastroenterology suggest me to take the previous biopsy for their pathology to re-check (due to the contrast in "atrophy" which he believe it was Atrophic Gastritis)? But, after 5 months passed, no features of atrophy was shown in biopsy. Do you all think that was Atrophic Gastritis based on my first biopsy report? What about "neutrophils and eosinophils"?

My current biopsy results doesn't show as much as information as my first one, such as no say the color of tissue biopsy, whether it is mild / moderate / severe gastritis. Do you think it is MILD since it said "slight excess numbers of plasma cells & lymphocytes"? I know lymphocytes if white blood cells, but what is plasma cells?

Anyway, I'm glad it said no atrophy and superficial gastritis only! But just worried it might not be accurate. Sigh~

Any information would be appreciated! Thanks ~

<<-------------------->>
My gastric biopsy report (as of 19th July 2011) shows as follow:

Macroscopy:
4 pieces of tissue together measuring 0.8cm. All embedded in 1 block.

Microscopy:
The pieces of gastric mucosa are of usual thickness and have body-type glands. Slight excess numbers of plasma cells & lymphocytes are seen in the lamina propria. There is no other abnormal cellular infiltration. No epithelial dysplasia is seen. Bacterial particles of H. Phylori are not observed.

Conclusion:
Chronic superficial gastritis in body mucosa of stomach. No features of atrophy.

My gastric biopsy report (as of 10th Feb 2011) shows as follow:

Gross:
Received in formalin are 3 fragments of greyish white mucosal biopsy measuring an aggregate diameter of 6mm. Entire specimen submitted in 1 block.

Microscopy:
Section show fragments of inflamed congested gastric mucosa with moderate atrophy. Surface flattening noted. Some of the glands show inflammatory reparative change. Stroma show mild diffuse increased infiltrates of lymphocytes, few plasma cells, occasional neutrophils and eosinophils. No evidence of Helicobacter organism seen morphologically, metaplasia, dysplasia or malignancy.

Interpretation:
Mild diffuse chronic active gastritis with moderate atrophy.
No Helicobacter organism.
No evidence of metaplasia, dysplasia or malignancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
(male)

itchyeyelid HB User
Re: My latest stomach biopsy results

There is enough time between these tests that the changes do not seem overly startling to me.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
(female)

fairytales HB User
Re: My latest stomach biopsy results

For someone with chronic gastritis (know how awful it felt) would definately feel happier even a little changes/improvement (at least not worsen). ^_^

But I have another problem now, all of sudden in last 2 weeks, I have MAJOR gas and bloating in my lower intestine!!! Freak me out even with just vegetables or brown rice. Severe bloat until 6 months pregnant and feel gas or intestine movement? I don't know. It is so severe that feel like wanna explode, so tight/pressure on both abdomen side (colon I guess). It is so noisy and I can feel movement inside!

Anyone know why? Overgrowth bacteria due to used of PPI or Overactive Small Intestine causing food not digested in small intestine and thus passing to colon and bacteria start fermention & gas eventually produces? I can stay flat when wakeup morning, and after meal like 1-2 hours BLOAT!!! Keep adding air until night time that I can't handle it anymore......

I have been stop PPI (cold turkey), for 10 days now but still bloat!!! By the way, I have no diahrea, or constipation. My stomach would rumble loud with noise like every 7-10 seconds especially after a meal!

I'm lost!! Totally ..... Simethicone (GasX) did nothing for me.... Activated Charcoal did help a little but once a stop a single day, I BLOAT extremely! Anyone experience this!!!?? Will this eventually go away?????

Closed Thread