It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
(female)

marg56 HB User
sulphur burps and vomiting cured

Hi,

I had this problem for a few years and it was horrible, as described in other posts here. I'd have an hour or so of warning with sulphur tasting burps and then I would be projectile vomiting and also having diarrhea. It was the worst.

Anyway, in case anyone else is suffering from this and also searching the internet looking for a way to deal with it, the cure for me turned out to be very simple.

The problem turned out to be that I didn't have enough good bacteria in my gut. When I ate certain foods (often sugary or starchy foods) this sulphury vomiting problem would flare up. In desperation I finally tracked down some thread on the internet that said "good bacteria" pills might work. I found and took some acidophilus pills, which you can find over the corner at most any drug store. Even though the sulphur burping had already started, the sickness wasn't quite as bad and didn't last quite as long.

These days I don't bother with the pills. I just make sure to have at least a few spoonfuls of yogurt every day, particularly before or after a heavy meal. Yogurt has a lot of good bacteria in it. It sounds too simple to be true, but I haven't had this awful problem flare up since. I go with plain (no flavoring) hippy-dippy organic yogurt, since the whole problem for me was not having enough bacteria in my system to digest the sugars and starches that were already there.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone else who also finds themselves suffering from this vile digestion issue. Hopefully my yogurt/bacteria trick will also work for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to marg56 For This Useful Post:
solofelix (07-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2011, 02:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: sulphur burps and vomiting cured

Hi and glad you found something that helps.
I have AR/GERD after treatment for H.Pylori. I have been on Probiotics for the past year also Probiotic Natural (no flavour) yogurt daily and yes it does help.
I also found that Sugar or anything containing sugar did not agree with me and made me very bloated. The same with Bread/Pastry/Cakes and anything made with white flour.
It's a case of trial/error with ones diet to find what helps the most.
All the best, Solofelix.

Closed Thread