It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 05:33 AM   #16
(female)

dagmar68 HB User
Re: h pylori gone now stuck with gastritis

The turmeric is suppose to help the inflammation i heard it helps a little but i never tried it .As far as ginger i know it helps the nausea but i cant use it since i have high bloodpreasure i tried it once and my bloodpreasure went sky high even with my meds so its a no go for me but i hear a lot of people drink ginger tea for the stomach, i just drink Fennel and camomile tea with a lil honey .....i just started ultimate flora critical care 50 probiotics and i will see if they do something for me and this gastritis the coconut water has a nice taste and i guess the vitamins and minerals cant be bad .....but i wouldnt try to much at once .....

Old 08-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #17
(female)

fairytales HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmar68 View Post
The turmeric is suppose to help the inflammation i heard it helps a little but i never tried it .As far as ginger i know it helps the nausea but i cant use it since i have high bloodpreasure i tried it once and my bloodpreasure went sky high even with my meds so its a no go for me but i hear a lot of people drink ginger tea for the stomach, i just drink Fennel and camomile tea with a lil honey .....i just started ultimate flora critical care 50 probiotics and i will see if they do something for me and this gastritis the coconut water has a nice taste and i guess the vitamins and minerals cant be bad .....but i wouldnt try to much at once .....

I have fennel seed with me. But, after chew some of it, do I need to swallow the whole seeds or spit out???

Heard that Manuka Honey was very acidic, but it was said to help with gastritis and taken empty stomach.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #18
(female)

dagmar68 HB User

oh spit em out dont swallow them ....i dont know about manuka honey i hear alot of good things but some say it doesnt do anything i guess u would have to try i was looking for some at the health food store but they stopped selling it

Old 08-24-2011, 04:40 AM   #19
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi some people have used cabbage juice with sucess to heal the stomach after damage. A little green sweet pepper juice, carrot juice or even dilution with water can be used to make it easier to drink.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #20
(female)

dagmar68 HB User

i been drinking coconut water for a week now and it seems to relax the stomach and it tastes good .....i did try to drink some fresh carrot juice couldnt do but 3 sips and my stomach said ..HECK NO !!! so nomore ...my doctor also told me nomore tea at all its not good for gastritis i should drink some milk instead it will help to coat the stomach so here i go intsead of tea i ll have a glass of warm milk with honey at night ...i ll try anything to be pain free ..

Old 08-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #21
(female)

fairytales HB User

Quote:
i been drinking coconut water for a week now and it seems to relax the stomach and it tastes good .....i did try to drink some fresh carrot juice couldnt do but 3 sips and my stomach said ..HECK NO !!! so nomore ...my doctor also told me nomore tea at all its not good for gastritis i should drink some milk instead it will help to coat the stomach so here i go intsead of tea i ll have a glass of warm milk with honey at night ...i ll try anything to be pain free ..
I can drink carrot juice, in fact I almost eat carrot daily. Sometimes I just can't figure out what to eat!!! It is safe to eat oatmeal as high fiber tend to sit on stomach longer?

It is best not to drink milk because you would better better at first, but later avid production increase because milk is hard to digest. Correct me if wrong.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #22
(female)

dagmar68 HB User

i really dont know about milk i hear different stories about it ....i have no idea i will ask my PMC tomorrow ....the Gatsro doctor said to drink it....i had some yesterday and the day before it didnt bother me...The carrot juice doesnt bother u at all? it made my stomach flip ...i eat oatmeal, babycereal ,soups, a little pasta and other than that boiled chicken breast and veggies and potatoes i put in the blender ....sometimes i have a slice of bread with the soup.....for some reason i cant eat fish the smell make me gag even tho i love seafood just right now i cant even look at it ....

Old 08-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
i really dont know about milk i hear different stories about it ....i have no idea i will ask my PMC tomorrow ....the Gatsro doctor said to drink it....i had some yesterday and the day before it didnt bother me...The carrot juice doesnt bother u at all? it made my stomach flip ...i eat oatmeal, babycereal ,soups, a little pasta and other than that boiled chicken breast and veggies and potatoes i put in the blender ....sometimes i have a slice of bread with the soup.....for some reason i cant eat fish the smell make me gag even tho i love seafood just right now i cant even look at it ....
I replaced cows milk with goats milk, been on it just four days so a bit early to forcast any improvement yet, must say I like it.
Months ago I replaced bread (all types) with Nairn's Oatcakes (no added sugar,wholegrain oats). They are so good I dont miss bread at all.
Always looking to try something healthy, Solofelix.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:06 AM   #24
(female)

dagmar68 HB User

i had my check up with my PMC this week .She wants me to go see another Gastro doc. to get a second opinion on the gastritis cause she thinks it should be healed and gone by now since i eat right plus she wonders why the doctor didnt make no follow up appointment just gave me a appointment with a gastritis specalist now lets see when i see the new doctor what he got to say ..... i bought unsweetned coconut milk and turmeric ....the coconut milk is nasty i cant drink that i stick with my coconut water and the turmeric i used on my chicken it made my stomach burn so no good for me

Old 08-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #25
(female)

fairytales HB User

Quote:
i had my check up with my PMC this week .She wants me to go see another Gastro doc. to get a second opinion on the gastritis cause she thinks it should be healed and gone by now since i eat right plus she wonders why the doctor didnt make no follow up appointment just gave me a appointment with a gastritis specalist now lets see when i see the new doctor what he got to say ..... i bought unsweetned coconut milk and turmeric ....the coconut milk is nasty i cant drink that i stick with my coconut water and the turmeric i used on my chicken it made my stomach burn so no good for me
Are u having "chronic" type of gastritis?

MD from a healthstore suggest that most gastritis is cause by low acid, this bacteria (other than hpylori) causing inflammation. Therefore, PPi is not going to heal it. He suggest after our stomach does not feel burn anymore (little bit healing), add HCI (hydrochloric acid - stomach acid) with each meal. What do you think?

Thanks.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:41 AM   #26
(female)

fairytales HB User

Quote:

I just added Turmeric and Ginger Softgels as my supplements, hope it helps with inflammation as said contain anti-inflammatory benefits.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

My stomach is Inflamed as I can feel all my ribs as if everything is pushing upwards.
The last time I felt like this I was diagnosed with H.Pylori and an Ulcer.
Have all the symptoms again.
Has anyone tried ACTIVATED CHARCOAL, I read it was good for AR/GERD, PEPTIC ULCER, GASTRITIS and a number of things connected with the Stomach.
Don't forget PROBIOTICS after Antibiotic treatment. Solofelix.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:55 AM   #28
(female)

dagmar68 HB User

i cant take any thing with Ginger makes my bloodpreasure shoot up sky high even with my meds . is th Turmeric an extra pill ? all i have is the season .. another thought i had yesterday was maybe the bloddpreasure meds . stop the gastritis from healing cause when i was reading up on them online they both say Gastritis as a very rare side effect so i will def. ask my doctor about that ...

@ solofelix

Sorry to hear u feeling bad i never tried the Activated Charcoal but i did read that a lot of ppl use it . there is so much out there sometimes i dont know what to use and try . For now i just stick with a real bland diet ...potatoe soup with no taste to it and baby cereal for the most part.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #29
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi charcoal may help remove the bacteria of H. Pylori but it may also remove the blood presssure medicine a person is taking. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:57 AM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi charcoal may help remove the bacteria of H. Pylori but it may also remove the blood presssure medicine a person is taking. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

This is the trouble with medication, be it Natural or Prescribed.
One can often counteract the other.
Best to check everything out with your GP first.
Solofelix.

Closed Thread