It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #31
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: h pylori gone now stuck with gastritis

I have not read all of the posts on this thread but every time I take an antibiotic for 4 or 5 days I get gastritis--- I have tried many meds-- but I get cured with Mastica (2-500gm caps between meals) and a probiotic supplement.

It works for me!!

Harry

The following user gives a hug of support to Harry:
sjb (08-30-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Harry For This Useful Post:
sjb (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #32
(female)

fairytales HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
I have not read all of the posts on this thread but every time I take an antibiotic for 4 or 5 days I get gastritis--- I have tried many meds-- but I get cured with Mastica (2-500gm caps between meals) and a probiotic supplement.

It works for me!!

Harry
Thank Harry. But I have taken Mastica for over 3 months yet still have gastritis. Is yours acute or chronic type? Did you have a gastric biopsy to confirm that your gastritis is cure after taken Mastica?

Which antibiotic did you take? I'm on my third days of antibiotic now due to suspected fungal infection in mouth (Fluconazole Tablets 150mg /1xdaily for a week) and for suspected intestinal yeast/bacteria infection (massive gas/bloating) and put on Metronidazole BP 400mg /2xdaily for 1 week) at the moment. I hope this combination won't hurt my stomach lining further as Dr. said that it is MILD antibiotic. I hope so. If gas/bloating still persist, he suggest colonyscopy to rule out other causes. I hope NOT!!! gastritis has taken away my life, I don't want to have another things come into me. I don't know if I can cope with it. While I'm writing this (9.44am), I have lower stomach pain since I wake up (7.00am) till now........

Last edited by fairytales; 08-30-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #33
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

fairytales,

The first time I used Mastica I took several Proton Pump inhibitors(Asiphix and Prilosec) that did nothing.

The gastrisis was diagnosed by a Gastro Doctor using an endoscope exam-- after 2 months -I went to an alternative care MD that uses Mastica in his practice --- I had a scope exam 2 weeks later that was originally scheduled by the Gastro doctor and I was cured as verified by the exam. I continued the 30 day supply of Mastica that was in the bottle. That happened in 2002 I think the antibiotic I used at the time was Cipro for diverticulitis.

I am allergic to Diflucan and have to resort to OTC remedies to help yeast/candida problems.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 08-30-2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Typos

GreenEyes97 (10-01-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 12:24 AM   #34
(female)

fairytales HB User

Quote:
fairytales,

The first time I used Mastica I took several Proton Pump inhibitors(Asiphix and Prilosec) that did nothing.

The gastrisis was diagnosed by a Gastro Doctor using an endoscope exam-- after 2 months -I went to an alternative care MD that uses Mastica in his practice --- I had a scope exam 2 weeks later that was originally scheduled by the Gastro doctor and I was cured as verified by the exam. I continued the 30 day supply of Mastica that was in the bottle. That happened in 2002 I think the antibiotic I used at the time was Cipro for diverticulitis.

I am allergic to Diflucan and have to resort to OTC remedies to help yeast/candida problems.

Harry

I feel like shortness of breath this 2 days. Not sure if it was due to the antibiotic? Which OTC that you for your yeast/candida infection? How long it takes for you get ride of the yeast/candida with OTC remedies?

Last edited by fairytales; 08-31-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #35
Senior Veteran
(male)

fairtales,

The best remedy that I have found is Coconut oil. It contains caprylic acid that is a natrual killer of candida. I started with a 1/4 of a teaspoon but I now take 1 teaspoon daily.
It does not completely wipeout all candida -- your system needs some but to function normally -- seems to keep the GI system in balance with candida.
I like and use Garden of Life but all virgin coconut oils seem to works for me.

I have tried other remedies but they seem to loose their effectiveness after awhile.

I wish you well---Harry

BTY-- Coconut oil hardens at tempertures below 76 degrees F and is an oil above 76.

Last edited by Harry; 08-31-2011 at 09:08 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Harry:
sjb (08-31-2011)
sjb (08-31-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #36
(female)

fairytales HB User

Quote:
fairtales,

The best remedy that I have found is Coconut oil. It contains caprylic acid that is a natrual killer of candida. I started with a 1/4 of a teaspoon but I now take 1 teaspoon daily.
It does not completely wipeout all candida -- your system needs some but to function normally -- seems to keep the GI system in balance with candida.
I like and use Garden of Life but all virgin coconut oils seem to works for me.

I have tried other remedies but they seem to loose their effectiveness after awhile.

I wish you well---Harry

BTY-- Coconut oil hardens at tempertures below 76 degrees F and is an oil above 76.
Does it need to be taken with meal or empty stomach? Some user said they get gastritis because of coconut oil.

What's the other stuff (anti candida) that you have tried so far?

My bloating seems went down alot but still have.... also gas but not as major as before that keep on producing. I can feel movement on my lower abdominal, not sure gas movement or muscle contraction. But everytime this movement sensation come, I feel more gas and bloating right after.... Also right after meal, I feel more gas ...... which before meal I have less... that's weird seeing it can increase so fast not even digestion started....

Anyone have extreme bone/joint pain from PPi? Or yeast symptoms? I have on my back shoulder and back hip....

Old 09-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #37
(female)

dagmar68 HB User

I went and get x rays and bloodwork for my knee joints done last week. Got to wait till the 12th tho till i find out whats goin on. I also got this shloulder and back pain but i cant say if its from the PPI or the gastritis, i know i never have it before i got sick ....my bloating went down a lot so i take this as a goos sign maybe that means im getting better since other pains have gone down too i was nauseous free for bout a week again but for some reason its back in the morning who knows why ...

Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #38
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fairtales,

I found that candida albicans problems could be helped with Caprylic Acid capsules that I bought from the Vitamin Shoppe-- later found that it came from Coconut oil. So, started using coconut oil-- bought 5 different brands and it made no difference if taken on an empty stomach or when eating.

I have used Pau d'aco root caps some people make a tea but I never have, clove tea, miatake tea, aloe juice, Kolorex--a New Zealand remedy, Olive leaf extract, Candida Forta, Collordial silver.

Diet is extremely important. Candida/yeast thrive on sugar and that includes carbos partitularly simple carbs.

Threelac helps control yeast problems. But, they all seem to not work after a while--- and antibiotics just kills off friendly stains of intestinal bacteria.

We are all so different and our immune systems strengths are determine by not only the food we eat but many environmetal factors, processed foods, preservatives, herbicides, pesticides, harmones---water we drink, air that we breath.

There use to be just a few hundred preservatives on the market --- now there are thousands that are used in the food industry. Milk use to get sour in a few days --now it last for a month or so, bread use to get moldy after a week or so --now it gets stale and hard but never moldy.

There are now super bacteria that there are no known antibiotics to kill them.

We drink from plastic bottles that out gas who knows what, aluminum cans, and even use ceramics containers that have lead in them.

Where I live in South Carolina, USA---- no drop of rain falls that is not contaminated with mercury above our FDA guidelines.

I hope this is not too much for you but just think about!!

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 09-01-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Typos

Old 09-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #39
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytales View Post
Does it need to be taken with meal or empty stomach? Some user said they get gastritis because of coconut oil.

What's the other stuff (anti candida) that you have tried so far?

My bloating seems went down alot but still have.... also gas but not as major as before that keep on producing. I can feel movement on my lower abdominal, not sure gas movement or muscle contraction. But everytime this movement sensation come, I feel more gas and bloating right after.... Also right after meal, I feel more gas ...... which before meal I have less... that's weird seeing it can increase so fast not even digestion started....

Anyone have extreme bone/joint pain from PPi? Or yeast symptoms? I have on my back shoulder and back hip....
XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX

For Candida I have used (Grapefruit Seed Extract) along with eliminating all sugar and have found this to be very helpful.
For Gas/Bloating take Domperidone half hour before meals.
I have many stomach issues with AR/Gerd, Hiatal-Hernia and Diverticulitis and to answer your joint pains,I get Arthritis and muscle aches when my stomach issues flare up.
Hope this helps and all the best, Solofelix.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #40
Senior Veteran
(male)

Solo,
Grapefruit seed extract has a bad affect on your blood pressure. So be careful using it

Harry

Old 09-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #41
(female)

fairytales HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX

For Candida I have used (Grapefruit Seed Extract) along with eliminating all sugar and have found this to be very helpful.
For Gas/Bloating take Domperidone half hour before meals.
I have many stomach issues with AR/Gerd, Hiatal-Hernia and Diverticulitis and to answer your joint pains,I get Arthritis and muscle aches when my stomach issues flare up.
Hope this helps and all the best, Solofelix.
I have tried the gas medicine but not effective at all. So I opt for activated charcoal which helps absorb gas in intestine but even at higher dose, I still feel trapped gas.

How long it takes for you to get rid of candida with Grapefruit Seed Extract? Does Manuka honey count as sugar? What about gluten free oatmeal (not instant), and brown rice, is that simple carbs?

Also, said that we should not consume any fungi such as mushroom, but can we consume medicinal mushroom type such as Reishi, Maitake, Chaga, Lion Mane (from Mushroom Science)?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Solo,
Grapefruit seed extract has a bad affect on your blood pressure. So be careful using it

Harry

Thanks Harry,
I only use it for a short time, perhaps 5-7 days max and very rarely.
All the best to you, Solofelix.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #43
(male)

doomanva12 HB User

I have been at the battle you are now in for at least 20 years. It is a chronic matter that needs constant attention by way of diet and meds. Diet-- must avoid all fruits and veggies that can trigger painful gas---bloating, belching, burping, and flatulenc. Drink lots of water---at least 8 glasses a day. (google for for what veggies and fruits to avoid). Drugs --one of many that belon to the same family of drugs as prilosec.gooogle. I get cocky ever so often and say to myself you are cured and start eating all that good stuff and before you know i am back to square one----and that is where i am right now. Good luck

Old 09-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #44
(female)

dagmar68 HB User

This gastritis is about to drive me up the wall !! i was good for a while now its back full force why ? i dont know i watch what i eat ....i had to start my cholesterol pills again but i stopped em since my gastritis flared up ...the Carafate is really helping with the coating of the the stomach but when it flares up, it dont do anything for the pain really. So back to soups and baby cereal till the pain gets better what gets me is that the pain isnt always the same....the doctor said 6-8 weeks and i should be good ...YEAH RIGHT i guess we will have to see....

Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #45
(female)

fairytales HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmar68 View Post
This gastritis is about to drive me up the wall !! i was good for a while now its back full force why ? i dont know i watch what i eat ....i had to start my cholesterol pills again but i stopped em since my gastritis flared up ...the Carafate is really helping with the coating of the the stomach but when it flares up, it dont do anything for the pain really. So back to soups and baby cereal till the pain gets better what gets me is that the pain isnt always the same....the doctor said 6-8 weeks and i should be good ...YEAH RIGHT i guess we will have to see....
How sad it is. But I feel more sad now. I just been diagnosed with chronic colitis (no ulcer) last week, on top of my previous chronic mild gastritis.... :-( I'm so lost.. Why I keep getting this weird stuff... Is this 2 altogether consider Chron's Disease????

Closed Thread