HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Digestive Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/)
-   -   h pylori gone now stuck with gastritis (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/864589-h-pylori-gone-now-stuck-gastritis.html)

dagmar68 08-16-2011 05:17 PM

h pylori gone now stuck with gastritis

my h pylori is gone stool test and was negative and endoscopy 5 weeks later too:cool: ...but seems like my discomfort im having back pain , burning in my stomach and behind chest bone sometimes im a little dizzy and lets not forget being nauseous ....is from a gastritis this bug left me with so now i got to continue takin the dexilant for sometime .....i do have good days where i feel really good and then out of nowhere all the symptoms come back and then it takes a 2-4 days and i feel good again i wonder how long this will be going on ....anybody else that has something like that goin on and can tell me how long this can take ?? :dizzy:

solofelix 08-17-2011 09:16 AM

Re: h pylori gone now stuck with gastritis

[QUOTE=dagmar68;4824085]my h pylori is gone stool test and was negative and endoscopy 5 weeks later too:cool: ...but seems like my discomfort im having back pain , burning in my stomach and behind chest bone sometimes im a little dizzy and lets not forget being nauseous ....is from a gastritis this bug left me with so now i got to continue takin the dexilant for sometime .....i do have good days where i feel really good and then out of nowhere all the symptoms come back and then it takes a 2-4 days and i feel good again i wonder how long this will be going on ....anybody else that has something like that goin on and can tell me how long this can take ?? :dizzy:[/QUOTE]

Sorry I just hate to ruin your day,
but I had treatment for H.Pylori over two yrs ago and my stomach is in a bad way still.
Ive had such a number of symptoms lately I'm wondering if it hasn't come back again.
I have a hospital appointment in Sept and wonder what will happen now.
I wish you luck and hope someone answers your query in a more positive manner. Solofelix.

dagmar68 08-17-2011 11:16 AM

i sure hope u will feel better soon and lets hope that bug aint back :(....i know it can take awhile for the stomach to heal but this up and down in feeling good and bad is just not cutting it .... i been sick now for 4 months bout time this stops ....i know there has to be more than just ppi u can take for all the discomfort and the inflammation .....i had gastritis before and in germany they gave me some drops for it that took care of it in no time...

solofelix 08-17-2011 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=dagmar68;4824466]i sure hope u will feel better soon and lets hope that bug aint back :(....i know it can take awhile for the stomach to heal but this up and down in feeling good and bad is just not cutting it .... i been sick now for 4 months bout time this stops ....i know there has to be more than just ppi u can take for all the discomfort and the inflammation .....i had gastritis before and in germany they gave me some drops for it that took care of it in no time...[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Aloe Vera Juice or Manuka honey.
A.V.J is said to be good for the digestion also Manuka Honey. Sadly I cant take M. H. as it brings me out in Thrush in my mouth (too much sugar) it upsets my Candida.
All the best, Solofelix.

fairytales 08-19-2011 11:41 AM

It takes a long journey for most of all. For me, chronic gastritis has made my life miserable for 9 months ... and still with me... I am too wondering if I ever get heal even it said MILD??. But even mild can be so UNCOMFORTABLE! I feel for those who are severe... :(

dagmar68 08-19-2011 12:35 PM

i hear more and more that this could take years ...its def. nothing to look forward to. Mine is mild too, but it sure dont feel mild so i can only imagine what others go through ....i sure hope it gets better soon for all of us

fairytales 08-20-2011 05:35 AM

[QUOTE=dagmar68;4825833]i hear more and more that this could take years ...its def. nothing to look forward to. Mine is mild too, but it sure dont feel mild so i can only imagine what others go through ....i sure hope it gets better soon for all of us[/QUOTE]

Mind telling how long you're having this gastritis? Did you still take PPI? What's your major discomfort/symptoms now??

dagmar68 08-20-2011 06:51 AM

[QUOTE=fairytales;4826258]Mind telling how long you're having this gastritis? Did you still take PPI? What's your major discomfort/symptoms now??[/QUOTE]

its been going on for 4 months i had h plylori and after getting rid of that i got stuck with it ....i been on Nexium that didnt do much for me now for a good 5 weeks im on Dexilant now but im not sure if it is any better....im nauseous mostly in the morning and after eating ,i do get lightheaded and i get burning in my chest and pain in my shoulders...and a new one i get slight headaches

solofelix 08-20-2011 08:40 AM

I have the same.
Sometimes I feel what comes after H.Pylori treatment is as bad if not worse (In my case) as the H.Pylori.
Since my treatment over two yrs ago I now have AR/GERD and a Hiatal-Hernia.
Nausea ,Belching and Gnawing stomach are an every day occurrence despite all sorts of medication.
My Dr thinks mine has returned but any further treatment I shall avoid, if the after effects are like this.
Good Luck to all fellow sufferers . Solofelix.

fairytales 08-20-2011 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=solofelix;4826322]I have the same.
Sometimes I feel what comes after H.Pylori treatment is as bad if not worse (In my case) as the H.Pylori.
Since my treatment over two yrs ago I now have AR/GERD and a Hiatal-Hernia.
Nausea ,Belching and Gnawing stomach are an every day occurrence despite all sorts of medication.
My Dr thinks mine has returned but any further treatment I shall avoid, if the after effects are like this.
Good Luck to all fellow sufferers . Solofelix.[/QUOTE]

My chronic gastritis is under control now...but not heal yet.. Just no pain.. But on very bland diet. not sure what will happen if I eat something with a little sauce?? Sigh! But!!!! Here comes another problem for me... Lower intestine! I developed MAJOR gas/bloating no matter what I eat to the extend that my abdomen above belly button wanna explode n pain! Like it can no longer hold any further gas. Not sure if the pain was cause by intestine wall being stretch too long and causing iritation on lining? Not sure! I press it deep down, no pain. But if I press it one after another (faster speed), it pain! My intestine oso so noisy that I can feel it moving (gas or intestine movement)? I tried Simithicone , Anti-Spasm, Slow down gut movement medicine, all failed... Only Activated Charcoal provide me some release due to its ability to absorb intestinal gas, but that's not what I want... Because once I stop taking it, gas keep on producing! I don't know why!!! Anyone experience this or know why? Could it be the PPI? But I have stop it for 11 days now.... no improvement......... Help!!!!

dagmar68 08-20-2011 11:31 AM

thats just how i feel ...today i went to the health food store and got some good probiotics , intestinew powder and tons of coconut water somethings got to help ...i also made an appointment in about 3 weeks they have a doctor coming there that will check my blood for everything .....wont hurt to see what he finds ....i ll keep u informed about the coconut water its suppose to help to calm the stomach and provide vitamins and minerals ...i know the other stuff will take a while to work maybe it can get me off the dexilant, i think my bloodpreasure medicine is way enough everyday i did not want to add to it ..i hope u everyone feels better real soon :)

solofelix 08-20-2011 12:16 PM

[QUOTE=dagmar68;4826410]thats just how i feel ...today i went to the health food store and got some good probiotics , intestinew powder and tons of coconut water somethings got to help ...i also made an appointment in about 3 weeks they have a doctor coming there that will check my blood for everything .....wont hurt to see what he finds ....i ll keep u informed about the coconut water its suppose to help to calm the stomach and provide vitamins and minerals ...i know the other stuff will take a while to work maybe it can get me off the dexilant, i think my bloodpreasure medicine is way enough everyday i did not want to add to it ..i hope u everyone feels better real soon :)[/QUOTE]

I have tried Aloe Vera Juice, Probiotics and Grapefruit Seed Extract.
Cant say they did anything really.
I tried Manuka Honey which made me feel fairly good in myself but bought me out in Thrush in my mouth (too much sugar).
Just have to keep trying!!.. Solofelix.

fairytales 08-21-2011 02:20 AM

[QUOTE=dagmar68;4826410]thats just how i feel ...today i went to the health food store and got some good probiotics , intestinew powder and tons of coconut water somethings got to help ...i also made an appointment in about 3 weeks they have a doctor coming there that will check my blood for everything .....wont hurt to see what he finds ....i ll keep u informed about the coconut water its suppose to help to calm the stomach and provide vitamins and minerals ...i know the other stuff will take a while to work maybe it can get me off the dexilant, i think my bloodpreasure medicine is way enough everyday i did not want to add to it ..i hope u everyone feels better real soon :)[/QUOTE]

Do you have major gas in your intestine? It's so pain and uncomfortable! I'm thinking to have a colonyscopy but afraid the drink solution would do harm/hurt our stomach lining! Would it??

fairytales 08-21-2011 02:39 AM

[QUOTE=solofelix;4826429]I have tried Aloe Vera Juice, Probiotics and Grapefruit Seed Extract.
Cant say they did anything really.
I tried Manuka Honey which made me feel fairly good in myself but bought me out in Thrush in my mouth (too much sugar).
Just have to keep trying!!.. Solofelix.[/QUOTE]

All of sudden my tongue is full of "taste bud" that inflamed, blood clot in gum area (side, upper region). Been for weeks.... subside a little but not gone. If I did a little hot, it comes up again. Don't know why. Have to keep put on Aloclar gel on my tongue.

Is Grapefruit seed extract safe for gastritis? I do not have Hpylori. I also taking lotsssssssss of other supplements. I don't know which really works but some of it certainly does help.

Now thinking would like to add Colostrum, Grapefruit Seed, Peppermint Oil, Oregano Oil, Quercetin. Is all these safe for us????

What about Turmeric & Ginger? Heard ot helps with inflammation but some web suggest to avoid it.

solofelix 08-21-2011 04:58 AM

[QUOTE=fairytales;4826700]Do you have major gas in your intestine? It's so pain and uncomfortable! I'm thinking to have a colonyscopy but afraid the drink solution would do harm/hurt our stomach lining! Would it??[/QUOTE]

Hi, You don't drink any solution for a Colonoscopy. You do that for a CT Scan.
For a Colonoscopy you take some kind of laxative to clean out your bowel 24 hrs beforehand.
It is not a problem (Ive had two) just an inconvenience as you spend quite a bit of time in the bathroom.
Solofelix.