It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User
Abdominal Pain/distention/constipation

Hi. About 3 weeks ago I started to have abdominal pain on the left and upper middle side of my stomach. I also noticed my bowel movements were very light and were watery like diarrhea. I went to the ER. The doc said an occult test showed I had blood in my stool. But my CBC, liver and pancreatic enzymes, metabolic panel, and abdominal x-rays were normal. He said that I was indeed constipated so they gave me an enema in the hospital. Afterward he just said to take Prilosec and Miralax because he thought I had a stomach ulcer, gastritis, and constipation. Now it's been a few weeks and my stomach is sticking out like it's retaining fluid or water, the pain is still there, I'm having trouble breathing, and I'm only going to the bathroom because I'm still on Miralax. My stool is still very soft with mucus in it. I went to my PCP and he is referring me to a GI doc. In the meantime, I am on Amoxicillan because he thinks it may be an H Pylori infection. I'm getting no relief, and I don't think that infection would cause all these symptoms. I'm thinking I either have an obstruction in my stomach or intestines or Celiac Disease. Although the abdominal x ray and ct scan I had a few weeks prior should have showed an obstruction

Not to mention I have a mass in my pelvis that needs to be biopsied. My mind is wondering, thinking this has spread into my GI tract and is causing an obstruction

What do you guys think this could be? Your input would be appreciated because it's going to be a few more weeks until I see the GI

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread