It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
(female)

katedenorm HB User
Bloating two months after sigmoid resection

I had my sigmoid colon removed two months ago - July 13,2011, and during the operation, the surgeon also removed my ovaries and endometriosis.
About a week after surgery my incision split and took a good month to heal from the inside out.
Now I am bloated, have severe hot flashes, night sweats, and all of the other "joys" of full-on menopause. The surgeon and I both agreed happily that I would not need to take hormones - I'm 43.
Does anyone out there have any suggestions that can help with the bloating? My stomack now looks like a baby's bottom...round with a crease in it.
The hot flashes and night sweats are nothing new to me since I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago. They've just gotton worse and have brought with them mood swings and fatigue.
Right now, I watch my fiber in take, am taking One-A-Day vitamins for menopause, Philips Colon Health Probiotic, and occasionally a Colace stool softener. I tried Miralax, but it does not seem to help as my bowels have been better than normal since my surgery.
PLEASE - someone help. I would like to be comfortable again.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
(female)

katedenorm HB User
Re: Bloating two months after sigmoid resection

I have been looking over this site for several weeks now and it seems that not only myself, but many others never receive responses or any type of answer, encouragement, or even a hello here.

WHERE can I go to get answers and support?!?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
(female)

Missmuffett4 HB User
Re: Bloating two months after sigmoid resection

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedenorm View Post
I had my sigmoid colon removed two months ago - July 13,2011, and during the operation, the surgeon also removed my ovaries and endometriosis.
About a week after surgery my incision split and took a good month to heal from the inside out.
Now I am bloated, have severe hot flashes, night sweats, and all of the other "joys" of full-on menopause. The surgeon and I both agreed happily that I would not need to take hormones - I'm 43.
Does anyone out there have any suggestions that can help with the bloating? My stomack now looks like a baby's bottom...round with a crease in it.
The hot flashes and night sweats are nothing new to me since I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago. They've just gotton worse and have brought with them mood swings and fatigue.
Right now, I watch my fiber in take, am taking One-A-Day vitamins for menopause, Philips Colon Health Probiotic, and occasionally a Colace stool softener. I tried Miralax, but it does not seem to help as my bowels have been better than normal since my surgery.
PLEASE - someone help. I would like to be comfortable again.
I am having the same problem! I look like I have a baby butt in the front. We have to keep taking some kind of fiber and I also am taking the probiotics. Some days I look 6 months pregnant. Help.

Closed Thread