It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
(male)

johnone HB User
do antibiotics cause loose stools?

i am taking antibiotics for h pylori. 2 days i took the antibiotics and the only problem i had was constipation. but now i keep having loose yellowish stools throughout the day .even if i don't eat much i still have a lot of loose stools that come out. sometimes there is so much it looks like i've eaten a whole meal,but i've only eaten a fruit or apple sauce and a lot still comes out. is this normal with antibiotics or do i have something more serious now?

Last edited by johnone; 09-24-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
(female)

ItsMyLife486 HB User
Re: do antibiotics cause loose stools?

It is possible that it is the antibiotic. They do have a tendency to do that to some people. Try eating yogurt with live and active cultures and/or talk to your pharmacist about a probiotic.

Hope this helps and feel better!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: do antibiotics cause loose stools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleone View Post
i am taking antibiotics for h pylori. 2 days i took the antibiotics and the only problem i had was constipation. but now i keep having loose yellowish stools throughout the day .even if i don't eat much i still have a lot of loose stools that come out. sometimes there is so much it looks like i've eaten a whole meal,but i've only eaten a fruit or apple sauce and a lot still comes out. is this normal with antibiotics or do i have something more serious now?

I had the same problem with Antibiotic treatment for H.Pylori.
It will pass, take Probiotics when you finish your treatment.
Solofelix.

Closed Thread