It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
(male)

BadYear HB User
Haven't 'gone' properly for 4 days (+prostatitis) + swallowing difficulties??

Got told I had prostatitis over a week ago. The doc put me on Ciprofloxacin, which I took for six days but stopped due to horrible anxiety caused by this med.

I noticed during this period that when I went to pass a stool, my testicles got REALLY tight, almost into my body, and the urge to defecate seemed to stop because of this. So, I try to squeeze a bit and a very small dribble of poo comes out, then it feels like there's a 'shelf' inside and it just stops dead.

It's like, I might get an urge to poo but as i sit on the bowl, my nuts go tight and the urge stops..it's like there's nothing there to push it out, no force, no real desire to poo, and I don't want to strain hard and do myself any damage.

I went back to the doc yesterday and got put on Doxycycline instead (took my first one today) and, so far, have not had any anxiety issues. I'm sorta hoping that the doxycycline will start to work and also have a laxative effect (I've taken them before and that has always been a side-effect of them).

The main problem is that I've barely done any poo in the last 4/5 days and I've eaten quite a lot of food. It's worrying because even though I've had the prostatitis for over 3 months, I was still pretty 'regular' with my bowel movements. Now, it's just *not coming out*.

Also notice I've had slight difficulties swallowing food the last three days, it seems to be really hard to eat spontaneously, I have to really, REALLY chew it else I get this 'gagging' feeling, it's worrying me sick!

Anyone offer any info, especially the 'not going' issue??? Do I need to be really worried here or shall I try to remain calm and see if the situation resolves itself?

Last edited by BadYear; 10-26-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread