It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
(male)

drivetime HB User
Helicobacter Pylori ?

Hi all! I have stomach problems(Chronic Gastritis and Chronic Duodenitis) for three years however my gastritis is different from other patients with gastritis. I have No burning and no pain ever on my stomach. I daresay my stomach acid is low.Only I have slow digestion,food intolarence (according to Cambridge Food Intolrance Test) gas,indigestion, belcing, rusty tongue, appetite problem and unknown weight lose.. Firstly my doctors tried to treat with traditional PPI Drugs like Lansoprazol but it didn't work.Then I went to another hospital's Gastroenterology Clinics and it was done endoscopy again.It was diagnosed H.Pylori and was given triple therapy treatment

[(PPI+Amoxicillin+Clarithromycin) + Metronidazole] during 7 days;

2*1 PPI+Amoxicillin+Clarithromycin (standart dose)
2*1 Metronidazole (500 mg)

My all health problems is gone with triple therapy treatment in the short time. Chronic fatigue, weakness, coordination problems, poor digestion, stomach gurgling, anxiety (tightness), short breath, voice problems (hoarseness) was gone. My digestion was more speed and easy when I was taking the antibiotic drugs..My appetite was opened..I could eat well everything. But after the end of triple therapy treatment, my all health issues came back.. I went to gastroenterologist again. It was done Breath Test. H.Pylori test was negative but my stomach and health problems was still worse.According to my gastroenterologist; my first treatment regimen is succesfully but I think bacteria is still present...My gastroenterologist said; it is related to psychological reasons.Therefore I went to psychologist and I used a antidepresant drug (citalopram) for 6 weeks but it didn't work for me.

I believe that H.Pylori is still present on my stomach..When I eat natural antibiotic foods (like garlic, propolis), my stomach become normal short-time. Therefore I want to try second line theraphy. I will go to speak another doctor about second line theraphy in the near future.

In your view, is second line theraphy suitable for me ? May it be another infection (for example; yeast infection or another bacterium)? Although other all blood test is normal and I have tried many supplements, my chronic fatigue and weakness is devastating and saddening my life. There is no another way or alternative for my health problems..

Last edited by drivetime; 10-27-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Helicobacter Pylori ?

You mention slow digestion. Gastroparesis can be a real problem for some people, including me, and antibiotics are one of the drugs that can be used to speed up digestion.

However, antibiotics can have nasty side effects in the long run. You might want to try domperidone. It's not for sale in the US, but it is just about anywhere else, and, with doctor's approval, American patients can buy it internationally.

Or, if necessary, some gastroparesis patients go on Erythromycin long term to improve digestion.

A test called a gastric emptying study can confirm the presence of gastroparesis, but that's very expensive and only certain hospitals can do it. Domperidone is cheap.

Just a thought on why you may have felt BETTER during the antibiotic treatment, and what you can do to keep feeling better.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
(male)

drivetime HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
You mention slow digestion. Gastroparesis can be a real problem for some people, including me, and antibiotics are one of the drugs that can be used to speed up digestion.

However, antibiotics can have nasty side effects in the long run. You might want to try domperidone. It's not for sale in the US, but it is just about anywhere else, and, with doctor's approval, American patients can buy it internationally.

Or, if necessary, some gastroparesis patients go on Erythromycin long term to improve digestion.

A test called a gastric emptying study can confirm the presence of gastroparesis, but that's very expensive and only certain hospitals can do it. Domperidone is cheap.

Just a thought on why you may have felt BETTER during the antibiotic treatment, and what you can do to keep feeling better.
Thanks for your answer but I dont think that can be Gastroparesis..The most important symptoms of Gastroparesis are nausea and vomit and I have not this sypmtoms on my stomach..

My most evident symptoms are lack of appetite and lack of saliva at the dinner time. Depending on this, my digestion is poor and slow. For digestion is slow, my energy is low and chronic..

Last edited by drivetime; 10-27-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
It sounds to me more likely Candida.
I got the very same after H.Pylori treatment. For this you can try Nystatin.
Domperidone is good for moving your food along the digestive track and for Nausea.
After my H.Pylori treatment I had another Endoscopy about two months later to see if it had gone, I'm not sure how reliable the breath test is, I wasn't offered that.
Solofelix.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
(male)

drivetime HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi,
Domperidone is good for moving your food along the digestive track and for Nausea.
After my H.Pylori treatment I had another Endoscopy about two months later to see if it had gone, I'm not sure how reliable the breath test is, I wasn't offered that.
Solofelix.
Thank you Solofelix for your suggestion

I had stool test for candida albicans and it was normal. However stool test is not safe (%100)..A professor doctor said to me; "you should use Fluconazole for a month". Fluconazole is antifungal drug like Nystatin but more stronger. It has dangerous side effects like liver damage and death..Anyway I took that drug and I used one tablet. First day sour flavour on my mouth is gone but I didn't continue. I abstained side effects of fluconazole.Maybe If I continued I might become normal more..

I will go to doctor tomorrow..I have chronic gastritis for three years. I want to heal my stomach.Because of my gastritis, my energy is always low that is chronic.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
(male)

drivetime HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi,
Solofelix.

I had stool test for candida albicans and it was normal. However stool test is not safe (%100)..A professor doctor said to me; "you should use Fluconazole for a month". Fluconazole is antifungal drug like Nystatin but more stronger. It has dangerous side effects like liver damage and death..Anyway I took that drug and I used one tablet. First day sour flavour on my mouth is gone but I didn't continue. I abstained side effects of fluconazole.Maybe If I continued I might become normal more..

I will go to doctor tomorrow..I have chronic gastritis for three years. I want to heal my stomach.Because of my gastritis, my energy is always low that is chronic.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I have gastroparesis, and I don't suffer from vomiting. I just have slow stomach, gastritis, and some acid reflux symptoms.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:53 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivetime View Post

Hope all went well at the Drs and he can treat your problem.
I didn't know you could get a stool test for Candida, I had one for H.Pylori.
Let us know how things go and all the best.
Solofelix.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:25 AM   #9
(male)

drivetime HB User

Quote:
I have gastroparesis, and I don't suffer from vomiting. I just have slow stomach, gastritis, and some acid reflux symptoms.
Hmmm. I Understood. It May be ...

I had endoscopy two times but I was not diagnosed anything about Gastroparesis.Only diagnosed chronic gastritis and and chronic duodenitis but there are not any pain or burning on my stomach.I have lack of appetite, lack of weight gain and sour taste on my mouth continious.I want to know cause of this symptoms so much.

I went to doctor last friday. She did stool test for H.Pylori. I will know results tomorrow and I will ask her probability of Gastroparesis..

Old 10-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Endoscopy cannot diagnose gastroparesis, although apparently some doctors know how to listen to your stomach and tell if it's moving normally! I thought it was pretty weird when my doctor put his stethoscope on my belly. But he said he didn't hear enough contractions and thought I had GP, and then the test came back positive!

I also have a hard time keeping weight on. Some days I have the constant sour taste in my mouth, sometimes it's only there after meals.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
drivetime (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #11
(male)

drivetime HB User

Quote:
Endoscopy cannot diagnose gastroparesis, although apparently some doctors know how to listen to your stomach and tell if it's moving normally! I thought it was pretty weird when my doctor put his stethoscope on my belly. But he said he didn't hear enough contractions and thought I had GP, and then the test came back positive!

I also have a hard time keeping weight on. Some days I have the constant sour taste in my mouth, sometimes it's only there after meals.
Relation between My symptoms and Antibiotics?

Why taking the Antibiotic caused I feel so well in short time? Erythromycin (one of Antibiotics) is used for Gastroparesis treatment but I didn't use antibiotic in this form..

I used this forms (Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin, Metronidazole)

Maybe Clarithromycin can be similar to Erythromycin...

Old 10-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Clarithromycin is a macrolid antibiotic, the exact same class as erythromycin. I suspect it can also speed up the stomach.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #13
(male)

drivetime HB User

Quote:
Clarithromycin is a macrolid antibiotic, the exact same class as erythromycin. I suspect it can also speed up the stomach.
I took my test result. Stool test is negative like previous urea breath test. Helicobacter Pylori is not present..I daresay my problems can result from parasite infection (for example; Giardiasis) or gastroparesis..Because When I took triple therapy, I had used Flagyl (Metranidazole). Flagyl affect to parasites.. Is this possible?

Last edited by drivetime; 11-04-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Closed Thread