It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

mamasnug HB Usermamasnug HB User
Strange Problems for me and my husband

I am going for an endoscopy and colonscopy on Wed. My husband has an appointment the following week. We have are both suffering with gas, bloating, abdominal pain (left side) that moves up the sternum and across the left side of our chest. We have nerve pain down our left arm. For him, his elblows ache. I get tingling in the fingers, he also has that.

We have both limited what we eat now due to the discomfort we get from food. He is very tired and sleeps all the time. I have painkillers for a crushed disc in my neck, which is probably the only reason I am on my feet and still going. We have a little girl so someone needs to be moving.

We are super confused as to how we could both have the same problems, in the same places, and it be just some random event. We eat a lot of sushi and I'm wondering if I should ask the doctor if we have worms or something.

Naturally, we eat at the same places, naturally, and have for years, so it's possible. I mean what are the odds that we'd both get the EXACT same symptoms ?

I've been having CNS problems for about a year. I went through tons of tests and nothing came out of it. The only thing left is the GI work and to repeat all the tests again.

This is just too weird. He has been having problems, he admited to me, for about the same amount of time as I have.

I'm not sure what to think about this.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Strange Problems for me and my husband

If you are both eating at the same place and the same food then I would say its most likely to do with what you are eating.
Its a good idea for you both to have the scopes done. This along with any biopsys taken at the same time will find out what the problem is.
It dosent sound like worms to me but could be H.Pylori as that can effect more than one person in a family.
I wish you well and let us know how you get on. Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #3
(female)

He just submitted a stool sample last week to test for that, it should be back soon. I have my GI series Wed. It's my guess that we are infected with something, something that we ate somewhere, or even at home. I can not think of another reason why two people would suddenly have the same problems. He wasn't saying anything to me about it. I talked more about my problems to him; however, he never told me he had the same stuff happening. Why, I don't know? We might have been able to solve this faster had he done so. He doesn't like to complain but in this case, I wish he had !

I will let you know what the tests say.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:07 AM   #4
(female)

I had to move my GI and colonscopy up two weeks because I have a cold. They refused to do it if I had a cold. That stinks. I tried to convince them but they wouldn't hear of it. They said if they put the scope down and see that I'm sick, they'll pull it send me right home. So, no use doing that prep just to be sent home for another day. I don't see what the big deal is. It's a minor head and chest cold, almost gone too.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasnug View Post
I had to move my GI and colonscopy up two weeks because I have a cold. They refused to do it if I had a cold. That stinks. I tried to convince them but they wouldn't hear of it. They said if they put the scope down and see that I'm sick, they'll pull it send me right home. So, no use doing that prep just to be sent home for another day. I don't see what the big deal is. It's a minor head and chest cold, almost gone too.

That's a shame but they obviously have their reason for not doing the scope.
Good thing you dont have to wait too long for your next appointment. Solofelix.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
(female)

They did not want to knock me out with a chest cold. I guess I understand. I woke up today and I feel really good. It's strange. I asked my husband he felt the same way, yesterday I was hurting like hell, today I'm fine. I quite wonder if this is Fibro, which some docs were leaning toward when I started getting sick a few years ago. I have good days and bad days. Creepy thing whatever this is.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
(female)

teddybearhero HB User

Is there any chance you might be exposed to some toxin from your environment that is causing the nervous system symptoms? Mold, pest spray, a toxic chemical of some type , even some type of insect in your mattress or that has gotten into your food? I would go over the house thoroughly. Have you been evaluated by a neurologist yet? That is where I would start given the CNS problems. Good luck.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
(female)

anything is possible at this point. i am working with a neurologist. so far, nothing, but i am redoing the brain and cervical mri on friday. i have some come down with a bad chest cold, bronchitis, had to have a chext xray today to be sure.

freakin weird stuff going on in this house.

i am going to put up the mold and radon tests this week. my kid is always complaining of headaches and stomach aches too. maybe test the water? i'm at a loss for words. i want to move the hell out of here.

Closed Thread