It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
(female)

hoosiermomof4 HB User
Had stents placed during ERCP last night

I had my 3rd ERCP last night and he did put stents in 2 sphincters. He said they appeared open somewhat but the transverse fold had flattened them. I don't know what that means and not sure if I asked b/c he talked to me after I was barely awake and I don't remember much. Not sure why he didn't talk to my husband.

I was in alot of pain after waking up (I was put totally out with prophanol) I began throwing up so they gave me zofran and demerol. I asked to get pain meds to take home but my dr said take tylenol which is weird b/c I was getting pain meds in IV so obviously I was in pain.

So today I've been using Motrin, Ultram (I had from something else) and Zofran, I am very nauseaed; haven't ate much. I'm in pain still, feeling like I'm having gallbladder attacks on and off all day. I'm irritated b/c he didn't send me with any pain meds to get me through these couple of days, but regardless. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I'm hoping I feel better soon.

If you have had stents put in have you ever heard of sphincters being "flattened" also did you have them removed after the 3 months? How did you feel in the beginning?

Closed Thread