It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
(female)

mamasnug HB Usermamasnug HB User
Husband getting sicker and sicker

I posted about my husband and I have weird symptoms that were common. I had a chest xray today and I have bronchitus. I still have the stomach bloating, waiting for blood work, back pain, etc.,

I am very, very worried about my husband. He can barely walk without pain, his chest hurts, he looks very sick and he does nothing but sleep. His elbows hurt him so much, he can't use his hands much. He has been taking my Vicodin (for my severe neck issues) and that is so unlike him, he has refused to take even Advil. I finally got him to take Alka Seltzer tonight.

I think I need to take him to the ER. I'm begging him to go. In fact, he is in the tub now moaning in pain. I might call an ambulance for him he does not stop this crap and get to a diagnostic facility quickly. I'm actually scare out of mind for him.

I am somewhat mentally OK today having my chest xray done, but I have a arsenal of tests coming up again for me. It's really stressful to have both of us sick. I have stepped up to do all the work for our kid, someone has to, but this is out of hand.

This stubborn, stubborn man. He needs an ER doctor, I think, and he needs CAT scans and bloodwork, ultrasounds, xrays.....he needs something now. He did his bloodwork last week, not a word from the doctor, which we assumed was a good thing, but this is just wrong. He looks like he's dying, all the luster in eyes are gone.

How the hell do you convinice such a stubborn man to hit the ER? If call an ambulance for him, he would be furious.

The following user gives a hug of support to mamasnug:
pro211 (12-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Husband getting sicker and sicker

I am so sorry that your husband is ill, and it does sound like he needs urgent treatment. You might be able to appeal to his sense of responsibility, that he needs to get well for you and the child.

Is he concerned about the expense of emergency care? Or is he just reluctant to admit that he really does need help?

Old 11-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
(female)

I think he keeps hoping he will feel better. I think he is afraid, and I know the feeling. I am going to talk to him from that standpoint......his responsibility to our daughter. If he can get past the biggies....bloodwork and chest X-ray, I think he will be at ease and able to dive deeper into this for a solution. I went to Urgent Care today and he was going to see the doc but they closed at noon. He says now he will go at 9am so I will drive him there. I wanted him to hit the ER tonight and just blow through the fear. He took a bath and looks a bit better, had him take Alka Seltzer and I think that worked, for the night at least.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
(female)

He says every part of his body is in pain. I had him take a bath in Epsom salt, I put some menthol in it. He stayed in there about 45 minutes. I gave him a big glass of cold water, the Alka Seltzer, had him take magnesium and calcium, drink more water, then he went outside for fresh air. He seemed better. I think he has some massive inflammatory process going on. He went to the GIndoc last week, doc had him make an immediate appointment for the upper GI and colonoscopy. He said he did not like the fact that my husband is having such pain, belching all the time, yet not loosing any weight. That confused me. I had thought that loosing weight was more concerning. He does not have heartburn. He does not have jaundice. His bathroom habits are normal. He has chest pain, which is more like stomach pain, and bodywide pain and severe fatigue. His neck, back and elbows are in terrible pain, all his muscles hurt. I am stumped. And his doc has had his bloodwork for a week with no call back. He also has what look like bruises all over his torso and neck, and some skin sores on his back that he needs to sees a derma for. None of this makes sense.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
(female)

He has lung cancer. We found out yesterday. We are on the fast track now for staging, type and whether it has spread. Devastated

solofelix (11-11-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
First I would like to say how sorry I am to hear of your husbands diagnoses.
Treatment for Cancer is improving all the time and I will say a prayer that your husbands will respond to treatment.
Try to keep a positive outlook I know its not easy but your husband will need lots of support.
As for yourself we on the Healthboards will give you all the support we can, just keep us updated.
Love and prayers to you both.

Solofelix.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
(female)

thanks for the continued support. i am trying to remain strong, and I will. we have the pet scan for tomorrow.

DDD Sara (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasnug View Post
thanks for the continued support. i am trying to remain strong, and I will. we have the pet scan for tomorrow.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Best wishes to you both, Solofelix.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:52 AM   #9
(female)

thank you so much. we are going for the PET scan at 10 am today (Eastern). Pray they do not find it elsewhere, please.

Freudian Slip (11-26-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hello mamsnug,
I have been thinking about you a lot this week and I remember you saying that both you and your Hubby were having various tests done this week.
Sent up a prayer for you both and hope you get time to reply and let me know how things went.
All the best to you both,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread