It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
(male)

matsarmy308 HB User
Might i have gastroparesis

Hi everybody im a 16 year old male and thi is my story.

I seemed to have noticed my stomach problem after i had a case of epstein barr which made me feel blah but after i got over it i noticed that i would get nauseaous for no reason and generally when i wake up in th morning.

So i went to the doctor and he thought i had helicobacter pylori but had a urea breathe test and it came back negative and then had a battery of blood tests but nothing came back but a slightly raised bilirubin count.

I then had a ultrsound done and it came back looking fine but they don't seem to know what it is i should get a referal tomorrow to a gastroenterologist from my doctor.

These are my symptoms:
nausea
vomiting (not often)
diarrhea(not often)
burping after eating or drinking anything
sometime i get dull pain in my abdo region
sometimes i get chills and shakes but that could be attributed to anxiety.

The doctor put me on maxalon and that seems to help with nausea and vomiting aswell as it help empty the stomach which if i have gastroparesis helps it.

well that pretty much it for me but i know that gastro problems can be a real pain in the behind and iv read stories of people have gastroparesis real bad where they couldnt eat or drink and had to be admitted to hospital.

I hope i can find answers on this forum

Old 11-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Might i have gastroparesis

I have gastroparesis, and it makes you digest your food too slow. When it sits in your stomach that long, it can contribute to acid reflux (heartburn, etc). I get indigestion and belching from my bowels. Have you thought about seeing a gastroenterologist?

Bilirubin, I guess depending on how high, could mean blockage of your bile ducts, or liver disease.

Get a test done on your gallbladder.. That's a good place to start.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
(male)

Blackmantis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
I have gastroparesis, and it makes you digest your food too slow. When it sits in your stomach that long, it can contribute to acid reflux (heartburn, etc). I get indigestion and belching from my bowels. Have you thought about seeing a gastroenterologist?

Bilirubin, I guess depending on how high, could mean blockage of your bile ducts, or liver disease.

Get a test done on your gallbladder.. That's a good place to start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsarmy308 View Post
Hi everybody im a 16 year old male and thi is my story.

I seemed to have noticed my stomach problem after i had a case of epstein barr which made me feel blah but after i got over it i noticed that i would get nauseaous for no reason and generally when i wake up in th morning.

So i went to the doctor and he thought i had helicobacter pylori but had a urea breathe test and it came back negative and then had a battery of blood tests but nothing came back but a slightly raised bilirubin count.

I then had a ultrsound done and it came back looking fine but they don't seem to know what it is i should get a referal tomorrow to a gastroenterologist from my doctor.

These are my symptoms:
nausea
vomiting (not often)
diarrhea(not often)
burping after eating or drinking anything
sometime i get dull pain in my abdo region
sometimes i get chills and shakes but that could be attributed to anxiety.

The doctor put me on maxalon and that seems to help with nausea and vomiting aswell as it help empty the stomach which if i have gastroparesis helps it.

well that pretty much it for me but i know that gastro problems can be a real pain in the behind and iv read stories of people have gastroparesis real bad where they couldnt eat or drink and had to be admitted to hospital.

I hope i can find answers on this forum
Curiously, do either of you have a foul rotten egg belch when suffering from an onset of gastroparesis (or suspected gastroparesis)?

Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I'm not sure what type of symptoms I have from gastroparesis but that is not one of them. I do belch alot though, seems to be intestinal related.

Closed Thread