It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
(female)

Altari HB UserAltari HB User
Pain around my waist

This isn't an intense pain. It's an annoying ache, not bad enough to interfere with anything or send me to the doctor, but doesn't quite feel like a muscle ache. It feels like something is being pulled/pushed/pressured. I notice it most often when I'm wearing tightly fitting jeans or clothing that doesn't have room to move. It's worse when I'm gassy or bloated - it will get quite annoying, then I'll belch or pass gas and it will subside.

I've talked to my doctor about it before, and she looked me over, ran tests, etc, and said nothing was amiss/something I was eating was irritating my bowels. It hasn't gotten better/worse since then.

I mentioned it to the nurse in the ER when I had my son in yesterday, and pointed out the location of most of the pain (upper right quadrant, right under my rib cage). All she could think of off the cuff was my gallbladder, which I had removed 7 years ago. She said it didn't sound like anything I should see one of the doctors for and to just keep an eye on it.

From time to time, I also get these achy pains in the lower right quadrant, around where my appendix would be. These usually come on when I need to use the washroom (or am very gassy).

I should mention that I'm gluten intolerant and when I'm stupid and indulge, I get severe pain in the same spot in the upper right. It's intermittent and gets so terrible I can't move. I had one of these episodes over the weekend when I made my boyfriend baked pasta, threw caution to the wind and ate some. Could it possibly be residual inflammation?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread