It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
(female)

Aryana70 HB User
have been through nissen, meds, still suffering?!!!

My stomach problems started 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with GERD & LPR. I was on 40mg of nexium daily but still suffering, so had nissen done April 2010. I was ok for a while and then problems started again, and now they are really bad. Unfortunately the doctors weren't taking me seriously enough, since they did an MRI and an endoscoppy last Feb which showed nothing. But the stomach burning and stabbing pains carried on, and now I have LPR symptoms(weakness of vocal cord, excess phlegm), on top of the stomach issues. To cut the long story short they have now diagnosed me with slow stomach emptying, and the endoscopy that I had done on Tuesday showed gastritis and duodenitis.(at list now they now, I wasn't imagining the pain!!!)
I haven't seen the GI since he did the endoscopy on Tuesday, I saw the notes though that he had given the nurse, apparently biopsies were taken.
Now I am scared, and really worried. I am a 42year old woman with 2 small children, and scared what if something really bad is wrong? I feel like my body is attacking itself. Has anyone else had the same experience, that despite of meds and nissen, still suffering. I don't really think nexium is doing anything for me?!! The only thing I can think of is could I have bile reflux?but bile has never been present in my endoscpies.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User
Re: have been through nissen, meds, still suffering?!!!

I'm so sorry to hear how sick you feel. I share your pain, as I've had the Nissens, but still suffer. I'm making quite drastic changes to my diet in an attempt to relieve my symptoms. I've stopped any PPIs as I truly believe they do me more harm than good. I'm having hypnotherpy for relaxation and visualisation techniques. I'm trying apple cider vinegar and pro-biotics. I did try domperidone, which didn't help me, but might help you with the slow emptying problems. I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2011, 02:48 AM   #3
(female)

Aryana70 HB User

Hi JanaJ,
Thanks for your reply. I do take domeridone but it doesn't help with the burning at all. I get really bad bloating, can't ewear any tight cloting at all.
I am sorry that you are suffering too, I know how frustrating is, after being through the operation and meds and everything.
Just wondering what are your sypmtoms, have you been diagnosed with gastritis or dunetisis at all? do you get LPR symptoms or burning in the stomach?

Old 11-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I found Domperidone helpful but you need to take it regularlly 1=3 times per day with food. I Have Hiatal-Hernia and IBS, Ive also had H.Pylori.
Have you tried Aloe-Vera Digestive juice it may help. For A.R I was prescribed Nexium but only took it for one month. Since leaving it off I have had less trouble.
Sometimes you can have too little Acid rather than too much.
I weaned myself of the PPI rather than stop instantly.
Of course what suits one person may not suit another.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread