It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
(female)

Twisted Metal HB UserTwisted Metal HB User
bloating

Since june so 5 months almost 6 months i am extremly bloated after i eat. i have photos to prove it. nothing has helped i have tried everything. ive only been able to see the doctors a couple times since it started and they really dont take it seriously. i cant eat or i bloat and look fat and pregnant. its so uncomfortable i feel so lethargic but mostly i feel so fat and disgusting. now my face is starting to break out with acne too.

i refuse to go out i refuse to see my friends or date. i sit home all day. i dread eating i dread looking in the mirror or putting on clothes. i dont even bother anymore. i just wear pajamas or sweatpants. can anyone help me? ive tried digestive enzymes, stomach acid pills, colon cleanse, fennel, peppermint tea, green tea, ginger tea, black licorice tea, probiotics, omega 3, all kinds of vitamins, i quit all my antidepressents, quit my birth control, cut out dairy and glutten and all junk food and carbonated drinks, i drink 6-10 bottles of water a day, i dont over eat, i dont eat after 6pm, i excersice on the treadmill everyday for 1 hour or more, i get plenty of sleep, i quit drinking alcohal, i upped my fiber, ive tried laxatives, ive tried activated charcoal and gas-x. now i am trying an opposite i am thinking maybe gastritis and now i just started today prilosec otc but i really doubt it will help.

ive had a cat scan and a lot of blood tests, liver is fine pancreas is fine, ive been tested for bacteria and parasites, ive had my thyroid checked. ive done so much research on the internet to try to help me but it just confuses me more and nothing helps at all not one bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg menormal1.jpg (18.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpeg me bloated.jpeg (29.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Administrator; 11-21-2011 at 01:12 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Twisted Metal:
pixiehickies (11-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
(female)

pixiehickies HB Userpixiehickies HB Userpixiehickies HB User
Re: bloating

Oh honey,

I really don't know what to say as everything I have typed so far seems quite patronising and clichéd.

I am going through the same thing just now (I joke about my 'food baby' and ask my hubby to feel it kick! lol!) Joking aside, I know how uncomfortable the bloating is and how embarrassing the pimples are. I'm 32 and didn't have skin this bad as a teenager!

There are a few things I would like to suggest:
Get your butt back to the Doctor. If you feel like you are being dismissed, get another one until you find one that makes you comfortable and, more importantly, takes you seriously.

See a GI Doctor. I've had all the scans, blood-work etc come back normal. I am now in the process of having my gallbladder investigated. Request a HIDA test which checks that your gallbladder is functioning. Look at the gallbladder forum on here. I would bet that there are many similarities between your symptoms and the other posters.

Please don't give up hope. You are not alone in what you're going through. The only thing that has kept me sane has been the forums on here.

Take care sweetheart.

Pixie xxxxx

Last edited by Administrator; 11-21-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
(female)

thankyou : ) but i was told that my gallbladdrer was ok based on bloodwork and the ct scan : ( and i have no pain just big uncomfortable pressure bloating

Old 11-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
(female)

o and my next gi visit isnt for 6 weeks, i waited 2 months for the first visit which was herl aughing me off and telling me to eat more fiber and telling me i wasnt bloated i was being paranoid... yeah right im not bloated its normal to apear with a huge tummy like that. no one cares i call everyday for cancelations to see if i can get in sooner but none.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
(female)

pixiehickies HB Userpixiehickies HB Userpixiehickies HB User

Hiya!

Someone posted something on one of the threads here that I think hit's the nail on the head. Can't remember it word for word but it goes along the lines of ' why is it that when Doctors can't figure out what is wrong with us the problem is always between OUR ears?'

The same thing happened to me with a GI I saw in March. It's soul destroying when you aren't taken seriously by the people who are meant to help. I got the 'I don't have a magic bullet' speech. To which I replied 'Oh, so you didn't start your training in Hogwarts then????' LOL!

As far as your gallbladder goes, not all GB issues show on the conventional methods of testing which is why I suggested the HIDA test.

Good for you for trying to get a cancellation. The one thing that I have noticed due to this site is that you are your own best advocate. In the mean time, have a look at some of the threads on here and see if any ring a bell.

There was more in my previous post which was edited by one of the admin team (sorry guys!!!!). Look for a diet that is called the 'St Anthony's Diet'. It has helped me with the bloating. Like you, I have tried every possible thing to get my tummy to go down. The Doctor and the site connected with it usually deal with other issues. Please don't think I am implying that you have the same issues as the other patients. Sorry if it doesn't make much sense but you will understand when you find the diet. I just don't want to post anything that will be edited before you see it.

Sending hugs. Really hope you have a good day.

Pixie xxx

Closed Thread