It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
(male)

hankhill89 HB User
Persistent Body Odor

Hi, I seem to have a bad body odor that emanates from me no matter what I do. I take around 2 showers a day and wear deodorant and yet, somehow I still smell bad enough to cause discomfort to other people around me.

As I have had this problem for at least 7 years now, I have been trying to think about what might have caused this and I suspect that it might have to do with either of these two problems:

1) (This is pretty embarrassing to write but) as a young adolescent teen, I experimented with inserting objects in my anus. I don't know for sure, but maybe I infected myself with some kind of bacteria or fungus which is causing this smell? If it helps, the problem started about 2-3 years after I stopped doing this.

2) I have been diagnosed with Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth (SIBO). Does anybody here know if SIBO causes bad odor?

I really need help and at this point I would very grateful if you could advise me about this problem. Thanks

Old 12-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
(male)

hankhill89 HB User
Re: Persistent Body Odor

So around 79 views: is there anybody here who can advise me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Persistent Body Odor

Hi, are you saying you underarms have an odor? If so you can go to the Dr. and they can prescribe something fairly cheap. My niece had this problem she has no insurance and was able to afford it. EIther way I would go to the Dr. and have it checked out. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread