It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

Oaktree HB User
Lower right side pains hoping for help!

It's a bit of a story so please bare with me.
I had a ruptured appendix on 3rd October had to be opened up & clean out. Was on inteavenus antibiotics for 6 days & discharged given oral antibiotics. Straight after surgery I noticed I had a 'stitch' like feeling on my lower right side where my original pain had been before I knew my appendix had burst. When I mentioned this stitch like feeling to my Dr he said it was due to the operation I'd do, it would be from the site inside where my appendix had been.
So 8 weeks after surgery the stitch like feeling was still there, everyday all day, not any worse & not any better, it didn't really bother me, I was just aware of something.
So now I come to my problem 8 weeks 5 days post surgery my "stitch" started to get worse, noticed it alot more & started to get shooting/stabbing pains, I coped ok for 2 days but pain was getting worse & more frequent I couldn't sleep, couldn't get comfortable. I went to A&E they had feel of my stomach & I nearly hit the roof was so painful. They did blood tests for gall stones which came back normal, so I was given codine & sent home & told to see GP. Went to see GP who sent me to hospital, had blood tests for infection which was told was slightly above normal at 13, I had a ultrasound scan which didn't find anything. The surgeon said its just pain from the operation as it was major surgery I had & was sent home again.
So 4 days later still in pain, can't sleep, paracetamol & codeine don't make any difference, pains worse when moving/walking, off my food, think that's down to pain. It has me in tears at times.
Does anyone have ideas on what this could be? Thanks for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread