It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
My stomach is terrible

As most kow here i have a hital hernia. It has been giving me heartburn and lots of burps. But the gastro Doctor has given me Zantac 150.mg which i try to take daily.

But im wondering if this is whats causing my problems.

For the past week ive been constipated, nauseaus, lots of gurlgy wind, and some all over abdo cramps.

I feel nauseaous nearly al the time. It doesnt wake me from sleep but when i wake up in morning get up go to the bathroom, it starts. Sometimes its better when ive had a cup of tea, and sometimes better when ive eaten and as the day goes along.

Im not due to see the gatro doc until january, and its getting me down, ive been like this about 5 days now. But if im honest ive felt a little upset in the tummy for a while.

Could it be the hernia and or the pills?

Old 12-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: My stomach is terrible

Hi,
I really cant say wether its the Hernia or the pills.
I have IBS and a Hiatal-Hernia and had all your symptoms. I was on Nexium,Domperidone,Colofac, Probiotics just about everything. One month ago I left of the lot to see what would happen, all symptoms improved and now I am taking nothing.
So far,so good. "Please note I,m NOT saying others should leave their pills off" but I feel better without Mine myself at present, could be a different story next week "Who Knows".

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,
TOday has been an awful stomach day.

I wake most mornings with windy gassy pains in my stomach, no matter how little or much i eat the night before. Today was no different.

All day i felt nauseaous, not overly but its there, but now when i eat I find i can only tolerate small portions as opposed to a whole meal. Im full very quickly and feel bloated afterwards. Im scared to eat

Tonight i had a small portion of bland food for my supper and some rice pudding for pudding. After about half hour i needed to go to the toilet, i went and it was looser than ive been for a week but after i went i felt nauseous again and i had lots of wind, and i was belching like mad, a little heartburn not much though.

Every day im worried to eat, and worried how i feel after ive eaten. Im not losing weight yet, i have been a bot constipated for past week, tonight i feel like i could have diarroreah but i haven't. I took a motilium pill which hasnt kicked in yet, i dont know if it will settle things down, but my stomach feels like a washing machine.

I might point out i have ceased all medication as i didnt feel it was helping me , except it stopped my heartburn, but i felt like my stomach was constantly upset on the ranitidine daily.

So i stopped that, i stopped taking a swig of gaviscon before bedtime too.

Im not seeing my Gastro till feb, and id like to see him before, i have to get through xmas and all the eating and im not able to eat much at all.

Im so worried somethings wrong, i have a hiatul hernia, and ive recently had the camera into my stomach and a scan on my abdominal area, icluding liver , respiratory tract, and kidneys. They did say i have a minute cyst on my liver and just to forget about it as many of thre population has one without ever knowing it. My U & E bloods came back slightly raised so i repeated it, and Doctor said the levels were then in the normal range, this panics me too, then i read that ranitidine can affect the red blood cell count etc and i was still on them when i had the bloods done.

I am realy feeling rubbish, im not looking forward to xmas, my stomach is so sensitive and grumpy, i dunno what to do anymore, im worried there is something seriously wrong with me

Old 12-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

When I went to my Dr with the same symptoms as you I was sent for an Endoscopy/Biopsy.
This showed H.Pylori, this is no longer present after treatment. Strangely enough I also had similar symptoms and was diagnosed with IBS.
I wonder how many of these stomach issues mimic each other. Another thing I have is Diverticulitis. This will cause alternating Diarrhea and Constipation and a change in stool shape. So its difficult to say what your problem is but I would press for every available test to find out.
I have had many tests and I'm pleased I have as I now know what I have or dont have.
Good Luck.

Solofelix.

The following user gives a hug of support to solofelix:
pro211 (12-13-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,
I got an appointment with my gastro today as i knew i couldnt go through xmas with my stomach like this.

Its been bad today, so i explained what was happening and he is pretty certain i have aproblem with my stomach not emptying properly. Im going to have a test now where they give me mashed potato and see how quick my stomach empties it and i can have medication to help that if thats what it is.

Im trying to stay off ranitidine and gaviscon but i will take it if my heartburn becomes too bad again. It isnt the heartburn now , its the cramps and pain in top tummy indigestion.

He also suggested i ate prunes, and linseeds, which will speed my bowle up a bit, so lets see how that goes.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Oh, sweetie, I so hear you. It's like the list of foods we can eat gets shorter all the time! And eating in public, or worse, with all the relatives? And you don't really want to explain EVERYTHING, but there's no way you can eat what's on the table!

I had the stomach emptying test last summer. I ate eggs, then I stood in front of a scanner every 15 minutes for the next few hours. Turns out my stomach is kind of slow: Mild gastroparesis.

For the past year or so, I have heartburn, stomach pain, and LOTS of regurgitation, acid taste, sore throats, etc. I've finally made up my mind, I'm going to have reflux surgery in a couple weeks. Which means I'll be on a liquid diet over the holidays, but there are worse things.

Studies show that people who have acid reflux and mild to moderate gastroparesis often see both conditions improve after reflux surgery. Tightening the valve at the top of the stomach seems to encourage the food to keep moving down the GI tract! My gastro tells me that there's about a 90% chance the reflux will improve a lot, and about a 50% chance the other problems will, too.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Oh, sweetie, I so hear you. It's like the list of foods we can eat gets shorter all the time! And eating in public, or worse, with all the relatives? And you don't really want to explain EVERYTHING, but there's no way you can eat what's on the table!

I had the stomach emptying test last summer. I ate eggs, then I stood in front of a scanner every 15 minutes for the next few hours. Turns out my stomach is kind of slow: Mild gastroparesis.

For the past year or so, I have heartburn, stomach pain, and LOTS of regurgitation, acid taste, sore throats, etc. I've finally made up my mind, I'm going to have reflux surgery in a couple weeks. Which means I'll be on a liquid diet over the holidays, but there are worse things.

Studies show that people who have acid reflux and mild to moderate gastroparesis often see both conditions improve after reflux surgery. Tightening the valve at the top of the stomach seems to encourage the food to keep moving down the GI tract! My gastro tells me that there's about a 90% chance the reflux will improve a lot, and about a 50% chance the other problems will, too.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oops....
I can't see this improving at moment. This morning I'm lying in bed having been woken with gripes in stomach and such loud rumbling. I feel like I might have diarroreah but when I go it's more like constipation. I feel ill , I want to get this test done soon so I can get on meds to help how I feel, it's bringing me down. It's got like this quite quickly, since I stopped my medications for heartburn. We have Xmas party tonight and I'm worried people will notice how little I'm eating, it's awful.

Last edited by Worrybucket; 12-09-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrybucket View Post
Oops....
I can't see this improving at moment. This morning I'm lying in bed having been woken with gripes in stomach and such loud rumbling. I feel like I might have diarroreah but when I go it's more like constipation. I feel ill , I want to get this test done soon so I can get on meds to help how I feel, it's bringing me down. It's got like this quite quickly, since I stopped my medications for heartburn. We have Xmas party tonight and I'm worried people will notice how little I'm eating, it's awful.

Hi,
I hope you make the party OK. Its horrible feeling the way you do, I know
I've been there.
Have you tried Domperidone thats supposed to help move your food along faster.
Let us know how you get on. Have you been tested for H.Pylori.

Solofelix.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

For the most part, if you have food on your plate and occasionally take a bite, people won't notice that you aren't eating MUCH. You probably will be put on Domperidone if the gastric emptying study is positive.

And hang in there!

Closed Thread