It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
(female)

mewmew123456 HB User
Smile Complete change in digestive pattern.

Ever since I was little I've had severe constipation. My mom has told me stories about when I was very young, about three years old, and I would need enemas to help me along. I'm now twenty and all these years I had the same issue. I would only pass a bowel movement once a week or so, sometimes a little sooner, sometimes longer.
More recently, for the past five years or so, I've had more and more digestive issues including extreme bloat, nausea, constipation, acid reflux, and esophageal spasms.. just the works! Originally I thought maybe it was milk, that I was lactose intolerant because I most often got bloated and felt awful after eating macaroni and cheese (my staple), as well as one of my younger brothers also having the intolerance. I tried Lactaid milk and it has helped a bit, but it never did change my digestive track too much. Even more recently I noticed that I bloat larger and larger when I eat. I got really scared about two weeks ago when I ate a box of Kraft macaroni shapes (using the Lactaid milk) and bloated so large I looked like I was 9 months pregnant! It hurt really badly, and I got scared I was harming myself. I just got home last week from visiting my family for the holiday, and, after doing some research on my issues, found that some of my symptoms fit a gluten intolerance. I've now been on a gluten-free/Activia diet for a week and my system has changed SO much! I never get bloat anymore, feel much better, and I now need to use the bathroom almost every day! I feel like my system is finally getting on track to something normal, slowly but surely.
I'm posting to share my success story, and to get some second opinions. Has it really been the gluten ALL these years? I'm just so glad I found it out now and not when it would become a really serious issue. Now if I could only find cheaper gluten-free foods around here...

Live well, guys.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Complete change in digestive pattern.

Thanks for sharing your story and glad to hear things are working out for you.
I suffer a lot from bloating and was told it was IBS along with some other symptoms I get.
Gluten is in so many things today, but I am considering trying a Gluten-Free myself to see if it helps,
Hope it continues working for you.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread