It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

maryheather HB User
Tell me what your esophageal spams feel like?

I am 31 and in good health other than GI issues. I think I may have figured out what part of my GI issues are. I have been for the last decade having random and sporadic chest pains. They are sudden, sharp and painful. I have had an EKG and three Echos which all show that nothing is wrong with my heart I have been sent away each time with xanax and told it was panic.

I have also had for at least a decade random and sporadic difficulty swallowing. It is worst with breads but there really is no pattern since there are times I can eat bread with no problems. When I have the issue with swallowing it is as if my esophagus shuts for a moment making it hard for the food/liquid to pass. i won't say they are painful but very uncomfortable After a few moments it passes and I'm fine.

I also get the feeling often that food is stuck in my throat which could be from GERD.

Does this sound like esophageal spasm? I am seeing my GI tomorrow and I may ask for an Esophageal Manometry Test. Anyone had one? Does it always show the spasms or is it just pure luck with whether or not one happens while the test is happening.

Last edited by maryheather; 12-08-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Closed Thread