It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

Vbscmc HB User
Help: stomach issues

Hello I'm new to this. But I am desperate for any answers!! I'm 25 and have had stomach issues for 5 years. But about 2 months ago they got bad and have not let up!! I have had an abdominal ultrasound, endoscopy, and blood work to test for bacteria all came back normal. My symptoms are manly just severe bloating, constant belching that doesn't really relieve any symptoms, also pain on both right and left side of my stomach throughout the day. All of these get worse at night. I am costipated half the time and have diarrhea some( was really dark yesterday) but normally is light tan color( gross I know) this is just my 3rd day on gluten free diet and hasn't really changed anything yet, does anybody think this could be celiac? Any other suggestions on what it may be or other things to testfor!? Anything would help!! Thanks so much

Old 12-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: Help: stomach issues

I see you had an Ultrasound, did your doctor rule out gallbladder? What is your diet like and is there any relationship between your symptoms and eating certain foods?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
(female)

ajhawk80 HB User

I'm having the exact same symptoms right now. My doctor was concerned about Celiacs but I tried the diet which didn't help and eventually had the blood test and it came back negative. Seems it doesn't make a difference as to what diet I try. My doctor suggested that it might be SIBO and if it was that a course of Xifaxan would get rid of the symptoms. It didn't really improve my symptoms much if at all (though I hear for some people its really successful). I'm wondering if this isn't classic IBS. Pretty much have to go though every test in the book in order to get that diagnosis. That constant burping really bothers me. I've noticed that acid reducers help me somewhat. Good luck and I hope you start feeling better soon.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
(female)

Vbscmc HB User

Thanks for your reply. Yes they looked at my gallbladder with the ultrasound. And as far as food I'm trying to rule out gluten and see but it seems like no matter what I eat it is bad. Idk what to do anymore?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

Your doctor can rule out Celiac with a simple blood test, at least that's what my GI did. I was just wondering if fatty foods were causing a problem, but if you're eating healthy and still not feeling well, then it's probably a matter of elimination and that takes time.

Don't let the doctors throw IBS at you without eliminating other possibilities. I had serious belching and bloating, but horrenderous pains between my shoulder blades and back, took doctors 2 years to figure out it was my gallbladdder. A good GI doctor will be able to help you!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
(female)

Vbscmc HB User

I havecut out all fatty/ unhealthy foods, it seemed. A little better but then back to the same stuff. How did they figure out it was you gallbladder? The constant gas and bloating are soo painful just want some answers and to find a doctor who cares enough to keep trying to figure this out!!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Have you kept a food journal for a 2 week period? My Ultra Sound showed sludge in my gb and the HIDA scan showed an ejection fraction of 10%, which is non-functioning. I noticed the belching and bloating was gone after surgery and so was my pain! Are you taking probiotics? Also, chew your food very carefully, I mean 50 times and eat very slowly small portions. And you are right about finding a good doctor, if you don't feel yours is helping, shop around!

Old 12-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
(female)

Zimm HB User

HI.
I have all the same symptoms along with pain in the lower ab and back. I have been to the ER twice,they did blood,EKG,CT scan and said the only thing they found was I have a UTI,I guess it was there a while and I was so miserable I never noticed the extra symptoms,they gave me a shot for the nausia and a shot of Morphine for the pain.but nothing helpedmthey also gave me a Script for Cipro and Vicodin. Last night I woke up so sick I thought I was going to start vomiting right away,but it was gagging and mucous liquid and the bloating,gas or air and mt back was so painful I just wanted to cry. I am getting sooo stressed out with all this misery and all my pain/ Please! Any answers will help!!
Thank Tou!!

Closed Thread