It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
(male)

Supastar90 HB User
On going stomach troubles

Hi all!

I desperately need some advice with something I have been dealing with on and off for a year or so.

I often would experience bouts of stomach pains, bloating and severe constipation. I am not sure exactly what used to cause this - sometimes stress, sometimes not enough fluids -... but in most cases, it would last a week or so maximum and then everything would return to normal.

This time around, it has been 3-4 weeks. I am experiencing severe constipation (if i do manage to go, its very little) which is only relieved with phospho soda type laxatives. I get relief temporarily and then the next day back to the same issues. Alongside the constipation, I feel bloated and very gassy (burping especially).

I exercise every day and eat a high protein diet. I drink plenty of water, have tried fibre supplements and pro-biotics... yet nothing.

Is this a serious problem?? Its really frustrating! Thanks guys.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
(female)

JubeeBijou HB User
Re: On going stomach troubles

Could be Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation. I had this. In 07 I saw a gastro doc. (I do suggest you see your doctor) I told him that I drink a ton of water, exercised regularly, good diet, but still I had trouble. He told me some people's intestines just do not draw in enough water, thus causing chronic constipation (of course, even if you are eating a healthy diet). I then told him colon cancer is in my family history, so for THAT reason alone he wanted to do a colonoscopy.

For the reason I went to him in the first place, he diagnosed: IBS with Constipation. He told me to take Muralax daily. It is not habit forming. It took about a week for it to work, but it did and I've not had a problem since. I'm regular. If you can find Muralax, which is over the counter in the U.S., just don't stray too far from the toilet the first 3 or 4 days while your body is adjusting. For me, it took about a week, and then my bathroom trips became routine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread