It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

HellerOct2012 HB User
Heller Myotomy Recover

Hello,

I was diagnosed w/Achalasia this summer and had a Heller Myotomy in October. BTW, I would also HIGHLY suggest anyone who is reluctant to go thru with the surgery to DO NOT DELAY. The worst part of recovery is the gas/air caught in the body from the for the procedure. I barely had any pain fromt the incisions and mild tenderness in the chest area and I am a BABY when it comes to the dr. So please consider... Back to reason for posting, I was told I will never eat like I used to before the onset of achalasia. I basically have to continue to eat slower and in smaller portions, which is all good. But now I notice food sticking at times in my throat instead of in the chest area like it used to. Nothing that cant go down with a sip of water, but wondering if other recovery folk still suffer from sticking. And if that is just part of living w/the disease? My concern is that it may get tighter and tighter and next thing I know, I'm back to square 1. In summation. how would you describe your eating experience post heller myotomy? what has become normal to you? Thank you!

Closed Thread

Tags
achalasia, heller myotomy, recovery