It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

Nal HB User
15 days post nissen and need some advice

I posted this under acid reflux too but thought Id put it here as well.

Hi everyone. I had my Nissen done Dec 8. I am finally able to eat small amounts of food..mostly soft stuff.

I still get really bad pain between my shoulders and middle back. I woke up with it from the surgery.

They did a pancreatic test and said it was just slightly elevated but they would retest in a week.

Im looking for support from anyone who has had this surgery. What was recovery like for you? Did you have back pain and any of the other symptoms? What helped the most? I still get really bloated too after even taking in water.

Thanks for any help!

Nancy

Old 12-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User
Re: 15 days post nissen and need some advice

Hi, there have been really recent posts about the Nissen procedure and recovery on the Acid Reflux/GERD board. Actually, there was a post involving two different members who had the surgery within the last week or two. I think they both talked about experiencing gas pains in their shoulders and necks. One is really quick to reply. I posted a thread just today and she's already responded twice. The thread I'm specifically referring to is titled something about the Nissen procedure and problems eating. Can remember the specific description. You might try there Good luck in your recovery. I'd really like to hear your experience and the diagnoses that resulted in you getting the surgery.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User

Hi, there have been really recent posts about the Nissen procedure and recovery on the Acid Reflux/GERD board. Actually, there was a post involving two different members who had the surgery within the last week or two. I think they both talked about experiencing gas pains in their shoulders and necks. One is really quick to reply. I posted a thread just today and she's already responded twice. The thread I'm specifically referring to is titled something about the Nissen procedure and problems eating. Can remember the specific description. You might try there Good luck in your recovery. I'd really like to hear your experience and the diagnoses that resulted in you getting the surgery.

Good luck!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
(female)

Nal HB User

Thank you! Actually i am doing so much better now!! I posted an update. It's good to come back to life lol

Old 12-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User

Yay!! Well who knows, I may be going through the same thing soon. Can you give me a ballpark idea of the cost of this surgery? I have pretty good insurance but I'm at a new job and have never had to use it before. I'm curious about how much out of pocket I'll be looking at (gulp!)

Old 12-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
(female)

Nal HB User

I honestly don't know. My insurance picked up 100%. Sorry

Closed Thread