It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
digestion problems

I'm gonna be 50 in two weeks time. I feel "ill"

I suffer continuously with stomach problems, i have a sliding hiatal hernia, and also terrible problems with my stomach. IE: nausea, bloating, gurgling, heartburn, sometimes constipation. Three days before Xmas i got either a 5 hour bug, or food poisoning, I threw up and had diarroreah for 5 solid hours, i was so ill. Since then all over Xmas my stomach has been awful, i cant eat hardly anything without feeling full up. I havent been to the toilet for 4 days although not surprised after the diarroreah.

I have got through xmas and today i woke up and my balance was off, i have had ear probs before but today ive felt weak and unable to turn my head too quick as everything spins.

I wanted to enjoy myself and i wanted to go to the shops today but again i was unable to as i felt so weak and dizzy. I am sick to my teeth of feeling ill, ive had lots of blood tests done, and ultrasounds, scans, and an endo on my stomach over past 6 months, it just shows a small hernia. But i just dont feel right.

Its like little things are happenening and going wrong wth my health, and i want to be 100% well and healthy and i just cant feel well anymore, im so fed up.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
(male)

davee76 HB User
Re: Feel like my body is giving up

Have you seen a doctor? If you're not feeling 100%, a physical could help find any problems before they get bigger.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
(female)

57 YOU HB User

If you have a hernia perhaps it is putting pressure on the Vagus Nerve which runs through your body and wraps around the stomach/intestinal tract. It is called the second brain in the body because it controls the digestive tract. If its function was interfered with due to pressure that might be a thought???

Old 01-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Im 50 tomorrow. I feel so ill and sad.

My stomach today started with early morning pain in lower stomach i got up and had loose stools. All day my stomach didnt feel right, i didnt eat, then had a hot chocolate in the afternoon. I dont kow if it was because i hadnt eaten all day but that went raight through me and i had loose and watery stools again this fternoon. Since then ive felt a bit nauseaous, and tonight i have just eaten a jacket potato and its in there, but i dont feel to settled in my stomach. I'm now just waiting for that to come out.

My stomach has been very unsettled (gurgling, burping,gripes) since i had that diarroreah and vomitting episode just before Xmas.

Does anyone think this could be IBS? my gastro asked me what i was worrying about last time i saw him and i tld him i was worried it was stomach cancer. He said i can guarante you after the tests ive done on you (endo, bloods, h pylori) that it is not cancer.

But i feel horrible. i want to be able to go out for a nice meal and not suffer afterwards.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
IBS will cause these symptoms, I have IBS and suffer the same with bloating and gas being the worst.
Another thing that can cause alternating bowel symptoms e.g Diarrhea/Constipation and a change in stool shape can be diverticulitis especially if you have pain on the lower left side. I was diagnosed with this condition by a Colonoscopy (have you had this).
I was told to increase my fibre intake but I had to adjust that until I got it right.
Anxiety can make IBS worse and for that I took a short course of Xanax, low dose and just for a week. It did help.

I wish you well, Solofelix.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soli you are such a nice poster!!

I have had colonoscopy in the past. I had an endo 2 months ago and my gastro didn't see anything but a hernia. But tonight I am burping a sick taste and feels like un digested food in my gullet. I am going through quite a lot of stress at moment and wonder if that's making everything worse. I'm having a test in feb with radio active dye !! Through my stomach and they monitor the porridge I eat with it over a 4 hour period with x ray to see if and how fast my stomach is emptying. But surely that wouldn't give me the symptoms I'm getting , I'm really down with this and dreading my birthday when I should be celebrating.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
(female)

Cindy89 HB User
Re: digestion problems

Hi Worrybucket
I feel your pain. I'm about your age and have the same problem mine is continuos burning in the stomach sometimes go to my back worst at night when i lie down. I don't have an answer but i feel mine is hormone related beacuse i'm also going through menopause. are going thru menopause

Old 01-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi Worrybucket,
I hope you have a really nice birthday and many more of them.
I sincerely hope your next investigation shows just what is wrong and you get the treatment you need.
I also have a Hiatal-Hernia and it can cause all sorts of symptoms. Mine causes regurgitation, belching and even shortness of breath. On top of that I also have IBS and that has its own symptoms.
I found DOMPERIDONE helpful for Nausea and also for moving food along faster.

All the best and have a good day. Solofelix.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy89 View Post
Hi Worrybucket
I feel your pain. I'm about your age and have the same problem mine is continuos burning in the stomach sometimes go to my back worst at night when i lie down. I don't have an answer but i feel mine is hormone related beacuse i'm also going through menopause. are going thru menopause

Hi Cindy,
Sorry to hear how you are feeling, hope you soon feel better.
That stomach burning or pressure feeling (thats how I described mine) is awful.
I had this when I had a stomach-ulcer and H.Pylori. Have you been checked for anything and are you on any medication.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Last night I went out for a very rich meal with my Husband.

I expected to suffer during the night, i didnt. I woke up today feeling really fine, the best i have felt in a week. The meal was very small portions not too much food.

Ive felt really good all day today. Then tonight my ears have started doing what they did a few days ago and ive had all this roaring and now i feel like C*** again. Stomach is ok ...ish. But my ears grrrrr i dont get what brings this all on, out of no where, why can i feel ok one day then awful the next. Im wondering if its something to do with my hormones and whether i could be heading towards the meno. I'm 50

Old 01-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,
Good thing you enjoyed the meal, sorry today is not so good.
Yes you could be menopausal and that can present all sorts of symptoms in different people.
For me my periods stopped at 49 yrs old and I never suffered one symptom. I know I was lucky many others are not so.
I believe you can get a blood test to see if you are going through the menopause, check with your Dr.

I wish you well,
Solofelix.

Closed Thread