It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
(female)

dlj9763 HB User
shortness of breath, inc blood pressure

Hello,
This is my first post. I am so confused by my symptoms. I am a 48 year old woman, not overweight, and in very good health. I eat a very healthy diet and have no cancer in my family.
For a long time I have had what the GI thought was proctalgia futax -- occasional night waking with a spasm, relieved by a bowel movement. I have also had occasional shortness of breath during the day with no explanation -- with a short duration.
Recently the symptoms have moved to daytime and have really expanded. Over the holidays I experienced rectal pain and an array of symptoms from constipation to diarrhea, and the need to go frequently. (Multiple times a day.) That is not unusual -- in reading about IBS, I have many of the symptoms.
In the past few weeks I have also experienced a sense of fullness while eating (sooner than expected), followed by nausea and light headedness after the meal. This can happen after drinking water too. This is often followed by chills. I am also experiencing is shortness of breath, increased BP, feeling of my heart beating in my throat -- these feelings seem to be in conjunction with my need to have a bowel movement. They have awakened me abruptly from a deep sleep on occasion, and at times the feelings (also anxiety) make it hard to return to sleep, even if I have been to the bathroom.
My GI sent me for an MRI defacogram (had that last week) and is also planning to do a flex sigmoidoscopy. I was worried it would be cancer but she didn't seem to think that was the case. (I had a colonoscopy after consulting about the rectal pain (diagnosed as proctalgia futax) two years ago with a few benign polyps.)
When I don't have symptoms, I feel fine. No fatigue...able to exercise. I have lost about 5 pounds but not surprising since I am eating a very simple diet.
I am wondering if I should also go to my internist or maybe even an ER to be monitored for the shortness of breath!
Is there anyone who has experienced any of this? I would so appreciate any insight. Thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
(male)

daduka HB User
Re: shortness of breath, inc blood pressure

Hi..
I'm 29 years old and I have similar problem for about 3 months now.. I don't poop many times a day like you but I have increased bpm after I eat and when I lay down to sleep.. Sometimes it's similar to heart attack.. It's like I can't sleep at night with my heart pumping and intestines pushing down gases and poop to rectum.. Sorry I can't explain it differently.. It's total discomfort... I started feeling so depressed... Sorry I can't help you but if you are feeling better by now let me know how and what...

Closed Thread