It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

Ninzi HB User
H pylori??

Hey all...

Im having fierce trouble with my tummy for the past 7-8 weeks. main symptom is a sharp dart of pain usually at the top centre of my abdomin. only lasts a few seconds but is very painful. i have felt it just above my belly button too.
other symptoms include:
# diarrhea at times
# constipated at times
# grumbling tummy
# tummy feels ' just not right '
# frequent urination
# feeling better after food
# tummy very sore when hungry
# wing/gas

im on nexium 20mg for over a week now, hadnt done any good at all.

if anyone can shed some light on my symptoms id really appreciate it!
Very curious about the h pylori infection.. maybe some of you can share your symptoms?

Oh.. i do suffer from anxiety from time to time and either that hasnt helped my tummy or visa versa!!
Thanks in advance

Old 01-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
(female)

ballerinavixen HB User
Re: H pylori??

The problem is that h.pylori is present in most of the population, chances are you have it but it's not affecting you, so I would not be weary of saying that is the cause.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #3
(female)

Ninzi HB User

Hi.. thanks!
Yeah i think il have my doc do a test for it. if nothing else, it would be one thing ruled out. its going on so long now i dont know what to do!
Thans again for taking the time to reply.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
(female)

ballerinavixen HB User

If you do get the h.pylori test, chances are it will be positive, you will be given antibiotics. Though that may or may not be the cause.

You said your stomach feels tender when hungry, try keeping it full more of the time, eat small amounts of plain breads and see if it helps. It could just be an acid problem.

The frequent urination and diarrhoea may suggest your body wants to "rid" something, drink plenty of fluids, you may do have some kind of infection, just minor.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I had all your symptoms when I had H.Pylori so I would recommend getting checked for it.
I had a blood test first followed by an Endoscopy/Biopsy (that's how mine was diagnosed.
Similar symptoms can present with IBS which I have and is usually diagnosed after everything else has been ruled out.
Have every check-up your Dr recommends and good luck.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
(female)

Ninzi HB User

Thanks a million everyone. iv been eating regularly to avoid getting hungry and the pain been worsened. i drink alot of water too so hopefully it will all help. thanks for the advice.
my biggest problem is that horrible sharp pain i get.. can be really bad but i dont notice it to be worse after any type of food, its more just random. i had thought maybe an ulcer? Im really not sure, the nexium hasnt helped.
i have also noticed a metallicy taste in my mouth from time to time... not too often but still there.
thanks again

Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
(female)

Jaymak HB User

I am so sorry you're going through this! DEFINITELY get tested for H Pylori!!!! I have been battling the some of the same symptoms for over 2 years. Headaches, extreme fatigue, SEVERE abdominal swelling (I looked 6 months pregnant at all times), alternating diarrhea and constipation, frequent urination, lower back problems, skin problems, nausea and this weird, burning pain in my belly. Eating every couple of hours was the only thing that relieved the pain any. Like I had to coat my stomach or something. (I have some other things going on but not sure if they're related to this so I left them out.) I have seen tons of doctors and they could never find anything. They originally thought it was a thyroid issue. Then after the blood work came back normal, they insisted it was my anxiety. Don't you love how everything gets blamed on nerves??? I actually had one doctor tell me that this was all in my head!!!!! They finally referred me to a GI who insisted on an Upper Endoscopy. After the procedure, he told me my stomach lining was extremely irritated and they took some tissue to perform a biopsy. This was 2 weeks ago and I actually got the call today that I tested positive for H Pylori. I have to take several antibiotics and PPI's to repair the damage it has done to my GI tract. I have read several patient reviews that stated that after the treatment was finished, they felt brand new again. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am to finally be on a road to recovery. And to know I'M NOT CRAZY! I honestly feel like going back to the doctor who told me this was in my head and slap him in the face with the biopsy results! I highly suggest you get the test done. The Endoscopy procedure is no biggie. I was scared about it at first and it turned out out be no big deal at all.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
(female)

Ninzi HB User

Hi jaymak.
thanks for taking the time to reply.
iv been pretty well for the last 2 -3 weeks thank god!! Touch wood n all that!! I continued to have that really sharp darting pain in my upper abdomen. i had ultra sound all checked out clear but that dosent show the stomache or bowel. my gp put me on zotrole 30 mg for 2 weeks, i only got the darts a few times while taking them so i guess they helped!! I havent taken them for a few days now and i feel fine so far. still get a 'just not right' feeling every now and again but its not half as bad as it was.
i work in pharmacy so im well aware of the triple therapy for h pylori. generally it sorts people out and works really really well so fingers crossed for you.
ohh the nerves!!! Haha!! Iv had that excuse a few times too although i must say that my gp really is excellent.
heres hoping we both get a bit of peace and normality back!!

Old 12-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #9
(female)

chas9392 HB User

Hi,
Have you felt better? I was diagnosed with gastritis & h. Pylori on 12/08/12 but I've been sick since 11/11/12. im only a 20y/o female & i desperately want my life back; its starting to effect my marriage . If you could shed some light id be completely grateful .
Thanks,
Chas.

The following user gives a hug of support to chas9392:
solofelix (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi chas,
Did you have the tripple treatment for H.Pylori, (two antibiotics and a ppi).
The treatment had a terrible effect on my stomach. I suffered constant Nausea and felt really unwell for well over a year infact two years down the road and I still have stomach issues which include Nausea, Bloating, Gas and somach noises, though I must say they are less severe and less frequent now. Having had stomach ulcers which are most likely caused by H.Pylori I was told to take PPIs (Nexium)for many months.
I now only take them occasionally as they seemed to cause other symptoms and I now find that Gaviscon works well for me and watching what I eat. I was told you should take a PPI for eight weeks after H.P treatment. You also need to take a good Probiotic daily to replace good bacteria. I also took Aloe-Vera juice daily and stuck to a really healthy diet. An Endoscopy showed my H.P had gone but for me if it ever came back again which I was told it can, I would NEVER take that treatment again (for me it was an awful experience) it made me feel dreadful!!...
I wish you well and can only say it takes time but you will get better,
All the best,

Solofelix.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi chas,
The treatment had a terrible effect on my stomach. I suffered constant Nausea and felt really unwell for well over a year infact two years down the road and I still have stomach issues which include Nausea, Bloating, Gas and somach noises, though I must say they are less severe and less frequent now. Having had stomach ulcers which are most likely caused by H.Pylori I was told to take PPIs (Nexium)for many months.
I now only take them occasionally as they seemed to cause other symptoms and I now find that Gaviscon works well for me and watching what I eat. I was told you should take a PPI for eight weeks after H.P treatment. You also need to take a good Probiotic daily to replace good bacteria. I also took Aloe-Vera juice daily and stuck to a really healthy diet. An Endoscopy showed my H.P had gone but for me if it ever came back again which I was told it can, I would NEVER take that treatment again (for me it was an awful experience) it made me feel dreadful!!...
All the best,

Solofelix.

chas,
Try Domperidone for Nausea and Gas, I found it really helpful!!...

Old 12-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #12
(female)

chas9392 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi chas,
All the best,
I havent started the treatment yet , suppose to on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have however been taking prilosec for the last week and tbh i think its made my stomach worse.I've heard that the antibiotic treatment is well but effective and it suppose to also clear up the uti & sinus infection i have aswell. What probiotics do you recommend & foods for that matter. Everytime i eat or drink it feel as i have to burp to get it to go down.ive had an endoscopic that showed everything ok besides the gastritis & h.pylori. I've quit smoking and left caffeine alone all in one day (which i think made my anxiety way worse.) In sorry for just rambling on but geez sometimes its difficult to be optimistic. Thank you for responding.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread