It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
(male)

t0nyd HB User
Fat intolerance, plethora of symptoms

Eating fatty foods causes indigestion, heartburn, cloudy, smelly urine, fatigue, and even mental confusion and blurred vision.

While avoiding fatty foods, I generally seem to have right upper quad. pain or tenderness, frequent urination, loose stools, and bloating after eating.

I have had a liver biopsy, test for diabetes, celiac, chrons, an abdominal ct and ultrasound. Everything seems to be normal.

If you have any ideas, shoot them at me. Thanks for looking.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
(female)

Mandee7 HB User
Re: Fat intolerance, plethora of symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nyd View Post
Eating fatty foods causes indigestion, heartburn, cloudy, smelly urine, fatigue, and even mental confusion and blurred vision.

While avoiding fatty foods, I generally seem to have right upper quad. pain or tenderness, frequent urination, loose stools, and bloating after eating.

I have had a liver biopsy, test for diabetes, celiac, chrons, an abdominal ct and ultrasound. Everything seems to be normal.

I have the same issue, and I think it is because of an overburdened liver from toxins or high triglycerides. I also have upper right discomfort, so I think this is evidence that it is in fact a liver problem even though tests say different. I don't think there is a test out there to determine if a liver is sluggish or not. I'm restricting triglycerides and I just started taking some liver support suppliments.

Last edited by Mandee7; 01-23-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
(male)

t0nyd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandee7 View Post
I have the same issue, and I think it is because of an overburdened liver from toxins or high triglycerides. I also have upper right discomfort, so I think this is evidence that it is in fact a liver problem even though tests say different. I don't think there is a test out there to determine if a liver is sluggish or not. I'm restricting triglycerides and I just started taking some liver support suppliments.
Well I have had a biopsy of the liver and it came back normal. I have also had a CT scan and ultrasound and the liver appears healthy on those. I am not thinking the liver is the problem.

I am thinking Celiac, non-celiac gluten intolerance or UTI. Although I have taken a test for Celiac, I have read that the test is not 100% accurate - I am going to retake it. There also is a disorder that is similar to celiac, non-celiac gluten intolerance, which I am going to inquire about.

As for a UTI, it's possible, however, I have no pain that is usually associated with that. I also considered h. pylori infection but I have many more symptoms than just gastritis, and I have no ulcers.

Last edited by t0nyd; 01-26-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

HIDA scan for a bad gallbladder. The ultrasound doesn't always pick it up.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
t0nyd (05-05-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
(male)

t0nyd HB User

well I have been to the doctors too much and ran out of $

lately I have had a lot of bloating. I have also had bubbles in my urine (proteinuria?)

I mainly eat rice (in fact that's just about all I eat) and today I had some beans with it and I got pretty tired (mentally) and my vision got a little blurry :\

Something else worth mentioning: I seem to feel very cold often.

Last edited by t0nyd; 05-05-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nyd View Post

Sounds like irritable bowel syndrome. The upper right pain could possibly be trapped gas. If it's trapped gas,a lot of times it will be relieved by moving your bowels. I know that is true of me when I am passing lots of gas before moving my bowels and then the rest of it is released after having moved my bowels. The bloating also could be caused by the trapped gas or what you have eaten that might been a gassy food.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
(female)

aheston HB User

Hey, I have a couple of questions for you first. When did these symptoms start? Have they just come up recently, or did they begin during or shortly after puberty? Do you feel sleepy or do some of your other symptoms start to show up after eating?

Closed Thread