It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
(female)

shishiko HB User
Red face lots of blood in toilet! please help!

today, after two days of constipation, i sat down the toilet and had a rather large, mildly painful bowel movement. it was decently large. ( im sorry, this entire post is almost graphically disgusting, i apologize but i really need advice ) i felt all fine - had some very, very mind cramps, as if my period was maybe coming in a few days, nothing major, hardly noticeable, actually. When i got up, and turned around however - there was anywhere from three or four spoon's worth of bright, bright red blood ( or maybe like a third of a cup?) anyways, a lot. Not the entire bowl filled with blood, but, a lot. A decent amount. For women, if you've ever been on your period and sat down just in time to release a clot, that kind of blood. Except this was bright red and definitely coming from my anus. I realize i said i had cramps so the obvious implications are period, but again, they were very minor cramps i usually get much worse ones when period is actually hitting, and i know for a fact this was coming soley from my behind.

I am a seventeen year old female and this really alarmed me. However, i have severe anxiety, im pretty sure i've got Irritable bowel ( multiples traumas in my life, had particularly stressful week honestly ) and i don't get to go to teh doctor much because of family circumstances, my family has decided im freaking crazy and they treat me horrendously if i even sneeze and make fun of me, it's really upsetting. I have done as told and not "googled" symptoms, but this really worries me. It is only this once that it has happened.

I have had recent exposure to cipro, amoxicilian, and a very short bout with bactrium because i was allergic, but took probiotics while on these mediciations and have no nasea, diahhrea, or other things commonly associated with c diffficile, thank god. I am hoping I really just ripped myself a new one with this constipation. My mom has flat out refused to send me to a doctor because this happened at school and she does not think it is serious. Do you guys think that I should go? Or will I maybe be fine? I eat very healthy, and just today I started taking culturelle probiotics again to make sure I don't get anymore sick. Someone please put me at ease and say that three spoon's worth ( a spoon like to eat soup) or maybe more of blood is nothing to get worked up about. No family history of cancer, eat well like i said, due to recent antibiotic measures i strongly doubt it's an infection, and because i seem to have no other symptoms except the blood i seriously doubt it's c difficile but again i am no doctor or i wouldn't be asking your opinions. thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
(male)

doubleaaaron79 HB User
Re: lots of blood in toilet! please help!

if you had constipation it's possible that it could be an internal hemorrhoid.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi, I would also check in to anal fissure. A tear in the lining, I've had one and they are no fun and can be very painful. You would probably notice it the next time you had a large BM. cj

Last edited by noevr; 01-29-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: misspelling

Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
(female)

summer12 HB User

it is more than likely,hemorrhoids,especially if you are constipated. The blood can be from inflammation,especially since it is bright red. Generally,your'e BM will be black in color,if there is blood in the stool. But,anytime you see blood,it is a good idea to see a dr. to make sure it isn't more serious. Do you also have itching and burning near your rectum? Another sign of hemorrhoids. Try eating more fiber,drink lots of water,eat fruit and veggies. Hope you find out the problem. Take care.

Closed Thread