It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
(male)

ohjohnny1 HB User
Belching

My wife belches often and sometime non-stop. Chinese doctors have given herbal rememdies but nothing seems to help. I have done searches on the web but find nothing that seems to fit her symptoms. She has no pain. She does not belch in her sleep. I may have to divorce her if we cannot get this under control. Just kidding, but it does drive me bonkers...

John

Last edited by Administrator; 01-28-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
(female)

ccris HB User
Re: Belching

I have been a bulimic for the past 20 years. Last December (2011) after one of my purges I started to burp excessively! When I wake up , I would burp, before I go to bed, after i eat and before I eat, I burp all day long. I also burp up the food that I have eaten.
And also, I sometime feels like a "lump" is in my throat. I think the "lump" is the scar tissue due to many years of regurgitation. I'm sure my throat and esophagus is extremely irritated.

I stopped purging food since January of 2012. However,the burping,the "lump"in throat when I swallowed, the burping of food, all these conditions persist since December 2011 and now it is June 2012. I'm mentally up against the wall and this has made my social and personal life suffered. I don't have any health insurance and so I'm seeking the internet in hopes of finding people with similar conditions and maybe find someone who can give advise. If anyone is going through the same thing as me, please, please , please take your time to register and share and personally send me emails.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
(male)

ohjohnny1 HB User
Angry Re: Belching

Thanks for your message... I wished I had some good ideas for you, but I do not... my wife never purged... just belches... nobody knows why... it just drives me crazy... she does not say much... says it does not hurt... she has done this for years... is more common after eating or drinking water, but sometimes for nothing.... I can only wish you well...

John

Old 06-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Belching

Hi ohjohnny,
I have similar myself, I belch and burp quite a lot and it makes no difference wether its food or water.
A Colonoscopy showed I have a Hiatal-Hernia and I was told that would cause me to burp. I also felt a regurgitation of my food at times.
I dont take medication for it as it comes and goes and dosent worry me or cause me pain.
Its always best to get these things checked out incase there is an underlying problem. Also my Hiatal-Hernia did not require surgery at this stage but some do.
I wish her well,

Solofelix.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
(male)

ohjohnny1 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Belching

Thank you so much for your reply. I will pass this along to my wife... she is in China and I do not think the doctors there check for the condition you mention, but I feel sure it is similar to what you describe. John

Closed Thread

Tags
belching