It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
(female)

kcjanae HB User
Question Still no answers for digestive problems

I am posting on behalf of my sister, who has struggled for over 4 years with digestive problems. A little over 4 years ago, she had her gall bladder removed. Ever since, she has not been able to eat normally. She experiences a lot of cramping and indigestion in general whenever she eats, no matter what she eats. Her stomach swells up with so much fluid it looks like she's pregnant. She has seen various MDs in different fields, as well as tried chiropractic, accupuncture and colon cleanses. Unfortunately, she has been to so many doctors and tried so many things over these years, I'm not even sure what to say she has all tried. The problems have caused her to miss a lot of work, either because of feeling so sick or leaving for doctor appointments, and thus has caused her to lose two jobs.

To date, there is still no diagnosis, and therefore, no treatment. She has been reduced to "eating" all her meals as juices--mostly consuming only raw fruits and vegetables. She has gone without consuming eggs or wheat for some time now, and avoids all complex sugars. She works out almost every day, and yet keeps gaining weight (probably all fluid weight).

When these problems first arose, a doctor suggested her surgeon may have severed nerves when removing her gall bladder. She tried contacting the hospital where she had it done and just kept getting brushed off. Either way, her new doctor informed her that if that was the case, there was really nothing she could do about it. This is just a tip of the iceberg as far as everything she has been through.

Does anyone out there have suggestions, similar experiences, possible answers? Anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
(male)

doubleaaaron79 HB User
Re: Still no answers for digestive problems

I know you said she has had tests but have they checked her pancreas?

Old 01-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
(female)

kcjanae HB User

I'm not sure--I could find out. Do you have a disorder in mind that is pancreas related?

Thanks.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
(male)

doubleaaaron79 HB User

I was just thinking of digestive problems in general and symptoms similar to what you describe. I am a long time sufferer of pancreatitis and I also had a bad gallbladder for years as well. I got my gallbladder out and although it helped it didn't take care of everything. I have had symptoms like the ones you mentioned. Also there is a disorder called sod or sphincter of oddi dysfunction. It also causes similar symptoms. Very hard to figure out at times. Mostly, tests, scans and such just don't detect it. Any high enzymes? or greasy stools? If fat is a problem to eat sometimes that does happen after the removal of the gb. But if it's long term and worse, it's usually something else. Perhaps pancreatitis or sod or just a problem with bile ducts other than sod.

Closed Thread

Tags
bloating after surgery, digestive problems, gall bladder, stomach