It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
(male)

velcrochicken HB User
Gastroparesis - Constant Nausea

I am writing this for my Mother who is too sick to use the PC.
She has had severe Nausea for 8 months. Initially they took out her gall bladder which only made things worse. About 2 months ago she was diagnosed with Gastroparesis.

She has tried every drug available for Gastroparesis with none having any affect. She has had the stomach botox done, this had no effect.
My question is what now? And what else could it be?

Her only symptom is severe nausea she has no pain, doesnít vomit, just very very severe nausea.
It seems very rare for this to be the only symptom? Could this be being caused by something else? Viral infection etc?
One thing to note she has suffered migrains her whole life, not sure if this may be linked.
Are there any other treatments available?

At this stage she is basically slowly dieing and I dont think she can take this much longer before she mentally and physically gives up, I honestly dont blame her. We have been offered very little hope and have no idea what to do now.

Thanks

Old 01-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Gastroparesis - Constant Nausea

I'm so sorry to hear that. I also have GP, although it's a little different with me.

After 8 months, it's probably NOT a viral infection. Migraine treatments might be worth trying, though, or something like amitriptyline.

Has she tried actual anti-emetics, like Zofran or Compazine? How about domperidone? Erythromycin?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
(female)

Gymbo71 HB User
Re: Gastroparesis - Constant Nausea

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcrochicken View Post
I am writing this for my Mother who is too sick to use the PC.
She has had severe Nausea for 8 months. Initially they took out her gall bladder which only made things worse. About 2 months ago she was diagnosed with Gastroparesis.

She has tried every drug available for Gastroparesis with none having any affect. She has had the stomach botox done, this had no effect.
My question is what now? And what else could it be?

Her only symptom is severe nausea she has no pain, doesnít vomit, just very very severe nausea.
It seems very rare for this to be the only symptom? Could this be being caused by something else? Viral infection etc?
One thing to note she has suffered migrains her whole life, not sure if this may be linked.
Are there any other treatments available?

At this stage she is basically slowly dieing and I dont think she can take this much longer before she mentally and physically gives up, I honestly dont blame her. We have been offered very little hope and have no idea what to do now.

Thanks
I had the same issue... which went undiagnosed for YEARS, and it dies get extremely depressing, so I can relate to your mom. My first sign was constant nausea... which reminded me of being pregnant. But clearly was not the issue after 3 years. I also started getting migraines, was very weak with bone and muscle pains, and it goes on and on if it goes untreated. It can be caused by a parathyroid tumor, the good news is that it is a quick easy cure, it is almost never cancerous.

These are the test to diagnose...
*Calcium (blood and urine) will be high
*PTH (Parathyroid Hormone) will be high (be concerned if over 35)
*Vitamin D (will be low)
*Bone Density Scan (a parathyroid will give you Osteoporosis)

Check out Parathyroid.com for more information, that is how I diagnoses myself.

Closed Thread