It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
(male)

JSmith1123 HB User
Fatigue with multiple stomach issues

Hey everyone, love this website. It's so nice to see people helping others out with there issues and not have to feel silly or embarrassed about it.

I'm just hoping someone may know or have had similar symptoms that I have, because I'm at a loss at what is going on.
-When I was about 12 I was diagnosed with IBS, but there were no tests done, it was more or less me giving the DR my symptoms and him telling me its probably IBS. So, I've dealt with that over the years and the joys it brings to your life. Recently, however, I've been having some pretty bad stomach issues. At first I thought it was a flare up of some kind or a bug, but its been over 2 months and I still feel like crud.

Here is what I've been feeling
-Initially, it was an all around burning sensation in my gut with horrible noises. To the point I thought my stomach was speaking to me in some strange language. I also had sharp pains under my left and right rib, and bouts of diarrhea. My eating habits hadn't changed, so I knew it wasn't what I was eating. Since then I've had this list of symptoms
-Horrible fatigue (I sleep all the time and feel like a 90 year old man)
-Very bad gas
-Dark circles under the eyes (I look like I haven't slept in 3 months)
-Constant feeling of having to go
-Loss of appetite some days followed by ravenous hunger on other days
-Greasy, loose stool (Ive noticed white poppy seed looking objects in the stool as well)
-Dull headaches nearly every day (If its not my stomach hurting me that day, its my head. On bad days, its both)
-Pretty severe weight loss. (15 lbs in a month or so and I was already pretty skinny)

I had an x-ray and ultra sound of my abdomen and apparently they came back fine. I've never had an issue like this and I find it hard to believe it's just my IBS, because I've dealt with it for over 11 years (23 now) and it's never been like this. I'm scheduled to see a gastro at the end of the month, but my question is Has anyone had symptoms similar to these and found a way to deal with it or what was causing it?

That, and is there anything specific I should tell the DR or tests I should have done? I always get rushed out of DR's offices and while I drive home I kick myself because I start thinking of things I should have said or wanted done. I want to be prepared this time.
Thank you for reading, and anything you may have to add. I really appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
(female)

shantybaby HB User
Re: Fatigue with multiple stomach issues

have you ruled out worms?
i know it might sound weird, but alot of people get worms.
maybe have a stool sample tested.... cant hurt?

Old 02-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
(male)

JSmith1123 HB User

Thanks for the reply. Its funny you mention that because looking around on the web, i've noticed alot of times worms or parasites fit the bill. It wouldn't be too far fetched because where I work I have to deal with feces of multiple people. (Nursing home type job). I'm thinking I maybe caught something from there or who knows.

Im definitely bringing that up to the DR when I go, but im still going to feel a bit embarrassed about bringing it up lol.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Have you been tested for H.Pylori. A number of your symptoms relate to it.
I know because I have had it myself. If not then you should get tested.
Also IBS is a possibility.
Get all the tests done that are available. Always make a note of your symptoms to take to the Dr as it is easy to forget to mention some of them while you are there.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread