It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
(female)

makennagrace HB User
Diverticulitis sufferers..need your help!!

ugh...where do i start??
November 2010 I began to have a mild ache on my left side between my hip and my rib area after sleeping on my left side. it began to get worse. As well at work while sitting all day, I was feeling a burning feeling on my left side, flank and pelvic area. Went to the dr. who sent me for urine and bloodwork. They came back good. went for an u/s, that also came back clear; no kidney stones (which is what he was assuming my prob was). Side ache was constant, nothing changed it. Then in January i went back to dr for same issue, he again sent me for urine/bloodwork and u/s. All came back good. I then went for ct scan which showed a mass on left ovary, which turned out to be a cyst and disappeared a few weeks later. Side ache continues....Sometimes during the summer it disappeared! I had 3 glorious painfree months, only to have it return last october. It didn't bother me too much; didn't really notice it. Then on jan.1 woke to pelvic pain along with my period, sharper side pain. Urine tests showed an infection, blood was good and u/s clear again (looking for ovarian cyst this time not stones). Im still waiting for my ct scan appt.(takes months!!)
Meanwhile he thinks it may be diverticulitis. Does anyone who has this please let me know what symptoms they get normally? as well as how long does pain last after an attack? Where you feel pain? is it ever constant?
I cut down on my fiber last week and it doesn't hurt as much as it did, but hurts much more than it did previous to the urinary infection. Im so worried in the meantime....i have constant ache that varies between my pelvis, my hip, my side (where you'd put your hand on your hip) and my left flank, sometimes feels like a burning feeling. It's also tender to the touch on the left flank and lower left back?
any info would be so appreciated!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

libloom HB User
Re: Diverticulitis sufferers..need your help!!

Hello....
Sounds to me like you may have Endometriosis. The cyst that appeared and then disappeared, the pelvic pain, etc. Have you had an ultrasound done?

I had 2 Diverticulitis flares and eventual colon re-section. The pain presented on the right lower quadrant (not the left side, which is typical). Felt sick as a dog....nausea, fever, etc. IV antibiotics and oral Cipro/Flagyl cleared up the first flare but, with the second attack, CT scan showed a 3 inch abcess. I was lucky - no perforation.

Hard to tell what's happening with you, as a lot of the pain you're experiencing could be any number of things.....and proper testing needs done to rule out female issues, kidney issues and, of course, bowel issues. An abdominal CT would show signs of Diverticular Disease.

Good luck!
Linda

Closed Thread