It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

prairiegal HB User
Reaction to heart cath

Shortly following a heart cathterization recerntly, I had a reaction none of the doctors had seen before. The test seemed to go alright - then 30-40 minutes after the procedure, coming out of the seditive, I became completely loopy, disoriented, compative, speaking gibberish. I remember none of this. I did not have sysptoms of an allergic reaction but remember nothing for most of two days. I was put into a drug induced coma, on a repirator. Had CT scans and MIR's which were fine. I did aspirate some vomit. Cardiologist thinks it was the dye. My doc said the response was more like anthesthetic (I had versed and phentenol). I don't ever want that to happen again but no one seems too concerned except me. Does anyone have anything to offer?

Last edited by prairiegal; 02-14-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread