It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

lynxette2002 HB User
Unhappy Sever upper stomach pain

I am a 53 yr old female who gets severe upper stomach pains.

This has been reoccuring since early fall 2010.The episodes come on unexpectedly and I have not noticed any connection with eating or what has eaten.

The medicine the doctor gave me for acid reflux was Reglan to take 1/2 hr. before meals. I was suppose to take it, but I eat spontaneously through out the day or only eat one meal.

Could my gastric bypass I had in 2002 have anything to do with the severe upper stomach pains that they told me I had to have my gall bladder out for? I had colonoscopy and a CT Scan.

I had gall bladder removed in June 2011. But I still get the pains.

I have loose bowels movements daily about 3x day, mainly after getting out of bed.

I can feel a mild pain that feels like it is threatening to let loose. I can tell when Iam going to have an *episode* It starts out gradually and works to a crescendo so bad it feels as bad as childbirth. I break into a sweat, nausea, stomach pain so bad it doubles me over. This lasts about 10 minutes. Then disappears and I feel ok, just tired and totally drained for the rest of the day.
I can go a couple weeks without incident and then wham.. its back.

I have even thought about going to ER, but by the time we would get there it would be over.

Any thoughts on this?

Old 02-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
(female)

aileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB User
Re: Sever upper stomach pain

I quit trying to figure out if my gastritis/acid reflux was caused by gall bladder removal. (there is nothing I can do about that now.)

What kind of diet do you follow?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

lynxette2002 HB User
Re: Sever upper stomach pain

Ireally follow a diet. I eat small amounts of food. My doctor is goingot refer me to a gastric bypass doctor and have him take a look at my test results. Maybe he wil have an idea of what is causing the pain.

Closed Thread

Tags
gall bladder, gastric bypass, severe pain, stomach